Why won't my camera focus?
Duchesssix

I am having a problem getting the S6 camera to focus consistently.  I can tap, tap, tap and it won't focus and the moment is now gone.  Had this problem from day 1.  I just realized is I gently shake the camera it will focus for a while.  However, the moment is still gone sometimes.  No luck with Verizon Tech support you did a cold transfer to Samsung Tech Support who says I have to send it in for repair. The phone is 2 weeks old I'm not accepting a repaired phone. I paid for a brand new phone.  Others have had this problem and were send new phones.  Can't Verizon exchange phone for new phone?  Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Problems getting S6 camera to focus
JeanMarieKrowicki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having that problem and it is beyond frustrating!! I brought it into the Verizon store and the associate that was helping me told me that he didn't see a problem and that "the camera won't focus immediately all of the time."  He then took out his galaxy s6 edge and opened his camera app and the phone focused immediately.  When I pointed out that his focused immediately he kind of just smiled.  I have never had this problem with any other phone and I left the store very unhappy.  It is disappointing and frustrating that it takes at least 45 seconds for the camera to focus, especially since the camera (when it does finally focus) is amazing!  I called Verizon tech support and the representative who helped me was SUPER nice and helpful! We went through trouble shooting and nothing fixed the focusing issue.  We did a factory rest which also did not help.  Since it is still in the 14-day window, he said I could exchange the phone for a brand new one.  After 14 days I believe it is a certified refurbished phone.

This is the Verizon tech support number that I called 866-221-4096.  I would try calling the Verizon tech support again.  This is a direct number to the tech support and as I said, the representative was very helpful and understanding.

The representative did tell me that he didn't see any other similar concerns in the system, which I think is very unlikely.  I've done some searching on the internet and I have seen many people say they are having this issue.

I hope you are able to get a brand new phone! Good Luck!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jeniam
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem!  My phone just past the "14 day return policy"  It has been doing this since day one

I figured I was doing something wrong??  Anyway, took it to verizon and they did a system update and still didn't work but the guy messed with it and got it to focus once but as soon as I got home it's back to not focusing.   I will be [removed] if I have to pay for a new replacement

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

JeanMarieKrowicki
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having that problem and it is beyond frustrating!! I brought it into the Verizon store and the associate that was helping me told me that he didn't see a problem and that "the camera won't focus immediately all of the time."  He then took out his galaxy s6 edge and opened his camera app and the phone focused immediately.  When I pointed out that his focused immediately he kind of just smiled.  I have never had this problem with any other phone and I left the store very unhappy.  It is disappointing and frustrating that it takes at least 45 seconds for the camera to focus, especially since the camera (when it does finally focus) is amazing!  I called Verizon tech support and the representative who helped me was SUPER nice and helpful! We went through trouble shooting and nothing fixed the focusing issue.  We did a factory rest which also did not help.  Since it is still in the 14-day window, he said I could exchange the phone for a brand new one.  After 14 days I believe it is a certified refurbished phone.

This is the Verizon tech support number that I called 866-221-4096.  I would try calling the Verizon tech support again.  This is a direct number to the tech support and as I said, the representative was very helpful and understanding.

The representative did tell me that he didn't see any other similar concerns in the system, which I think is very unlikely.  I've done some searching on the internet and I have seen many people say they are having this issue.

I hope you are able to get a brand new phone! Good Luck!!

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

It appears that two issues are becoming apparent with respect to the new Galaxy S6 Edge: Camera related and auto rotation not working.  These are hardware issues and your choices are to request a new phone or send yours back to Samsung repair facility to make it right. It would be helpful to know how often this happens in the new phones (5%, 10%,....??).

0 Likes
AbundantSunshine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same have-to-shake-to-focus issue. I chatted with Verizon support online and she said it was a known problem and to return the phone because Samsung was wanting to get all these phones back. So, I went to the Verizon store and the salesperson told me she could replace it but I'd be back in a few days with the same problem. She said that it is a software problem. Understandably, she couldn't tell me when Samsung was going to provide an update. The manager walked up and he also said it was a software issue. I didn't end up exchanging then. I got online with Samsung support and she wouldn't answer my question if it was a hardware or software issue. She just led me through diagnostics that didn't really make any difference in the long run. My 14 days are up in 4 days. Since everything I'm finding in searching forums says it's hardware, I'm going to go back to Verizon and get a new phone. I just hope it makes a difference.

0 Likes