How do you change the email address where text messages are copied too?
smy711

I have a Samsung Galaxy 5S phone with the latest Android OS.  Currently all messages sent and received are sent to my business email address.  I want to change this to my personal email address.  How do I do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you change the email address where text messages are copied too?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What texting app are you using?  Somewhere in the settings for that app there must be a forwarding option set up to forward messages to your email - and that's where it would say which email address to forward messages to.  I'm not seeing that option on the stock app or Verizon Messages (to automatically forward every text message to an email account).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I understand how important it is to receive your text to the correct account smy711! I was wondering what email account are you trying to change it to? Is it Yahoo, Aol etc.. I do know you can remove your business account and then go to your email account and select Settings>My accounts and you will see where it says "sync email". Keep me updated.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gcamama

AmberF_VZW, you did not answer the question. I am experiencing this issue after update and want to disable text sent to work email account. Where do I make this change? I have Samsung S6. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gcamma - We want to ensure your text forwarding gets setup the way you want it to be. Let's work together to figure this out. Since the stock text message application and Verizon Messages+ doesn't support that ability (except to manually forward a message to email), we would need to know the actual application that you are using currently to forward those messages. Are you using a downloaded Play Store application such as Google Voice or a SMS Forward application from the play store for forwarding now? Keep us posted.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes