Droid Turbo overheating
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Tried using Google Maps on a trip and within 1/2 hour received notice phone was overheating. Temp 108.4 NO other RUNNING APPS, vehicle was NOT hot.  I am TRYING to find out MAXIMUM TEMP for droid turbo. Seems Motorola themselves don't know. So, WHO KNOWS THE MAXIMUM temp for this phone.  Heck, if ya can't even use Google maps, only for 1/2 hour, phone isn't worth crap then.  And Verizon Don't tell me to wipe cache, that was just done this week when I wasn't receiving phone calls.  Motorola told me if I'm using data and Google maps it will get hot. WTH, how else are ya suppose to use it?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Turbo overheating
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Believe I found solution to overheating.  I took the case (heavy plastic) off the phone and so far so good.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57,

Let's get to the bottom of this! When using the Google Maps app the phone can get hot because the apps is constantly running. is the phone heating up when using other apps or functions on the phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Games it overheats as well. In other words, anything that might run for 20 plus minutes the turbo overheats.  I need to be able to use Google maps on short trips (3-4 hours). Ideas please?

0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

Heck, if I have to buy another GPS, might as well ditch Verizon and go with Straight talk or Go phone on ATT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57,

Being able to use your phone while on a trip is definitely important, especially if using Google Maps. The phone will heat up while using Google Maps on a 3 hour trip because it's running for so long. Is the phone turning off or is it not functioning correctly when using Google Maps for an extend time?

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

I only was able to use Google maps for 1/2 hour!!! before it warned me phone was overheating. Wish I could have used it on 3-4 hour trip, I wouldn't have a problem. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
psf57, thank so much for those details. I want to make sure that we are able to get to the bottom of this ASAP. Is the phone connected to the charger while the Google Maps is running? Does the device heat up normally when you are not using an app for a long period of time? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
0 Likes
gggggg
Contributor - Level 2

1. No it was not plugged in.

2. If I am outside in weather over 70 degrees it heats up in no time (in shade). using dictionary now and then.

3. 10 ,minutes on Verizon Qi charger, heats up to 105.00.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for confirming, psf57!

Let's ensure your device and battery are working as expected.  So that we can determine if this is a device or battery issue, I recommend taking your device into one of our corporate store locations for further inspection.  Keep me posted with their findings.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

This is SO common it is not even a defect anymore..... I have the Droid Turbo and it gets a little warm while/after charging or while playing Real Racing 3 and using my GPS or any intensive game. Good luck ditching your phone and going to ANY other carrier, you'll have the same problem with a lot of smartphones out there. Just think about what using GPS or playing an intensive game does to your battery.....this is not anything new.