Can you delete downloaded 5.0 not installed yet?
Warrioreuel

LG G3, I downloaded 5.0 but now I do not want to install it. So far i just keep checking the box to install it later but it is very annoying. Can I do a factory reset to clear out the download? I think I have my data backed up on the cloud. My intention is to do a factory reset and clear everything. Then, restore contacts, pictures, apps etc.. Hoping the 5.0 download will be deleted and cleared out of memory.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you delete downloaded 5.0 not installed yet?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Warrioreuel, we want you to enjoy the amazing benefits of that recent software update. Once it's downloaded, you'll be unable to remove it. However, factory resetting your phone after retrieving the update is actually very helpful as it improves the performance of your phone.

For more information regarding the recent software update for the LG G3 phone, click http://vz.to/1HJ0aDM

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I haven't yet tried nor heard of anyone downloading the update, but then resetting the phone to rid the phone of the download.  BUT, if you are ready and able, I would definitely suggest backing up and factory resetting so that when you do reboot you will get a clean install of the update.  It will install automatically at some point, so there is no stopping it, but resetting to factory BEFORE it installs is the best method.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Warrioreuel, we want you to enjoy the amazing benefits of that recent software update. Once it's downloaded, you'll be unable to remove it. However, factory resetting your phone after retrieving the update is actually very helpful as it improves the performance of your phone.

For more information regarding the recent software update for the LG G3 phone, click http://vz.to/1HJ0aDM

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes