Message preview trouble.
Kilomodo

So, after the 5.0 update,

I can no longer preview text messages on my lock screen, even though I have the settings to do so.

Another bug is that my notification vibration pattern will not change off of the default. It's all one long vibration bug. Very frustrating...

Anyone experiencing same?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message preview trouble.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I am glad you got your message preview to work for you Kilomodo! If you go to Settings>Sound and notifications>Select Vibrations you should be able to personalize the vibration. Please keep me updated.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure your phone is in tip top shape Kilomodo! What is the make/model of your device. I can also see what we can do about the vibration pattern on your phone. Does this happen on phone calls or messages?
AmberF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Kilomodo

I solved the Message Preview problem. There was a new setting in the

lollipop update.

The vibration setting is still a problem. It's the default long buzz for

notifications; Calls and Text messages.

My phone is a Galaxy S5, I bought it new about three weeks ago.

Thanks again!

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I am glad you got your message preview to work for you Kilomodo! If you go to Settings>Sound and notifications>Select Vibrations you should be able to personalize the vibration. Please keep me updated.
AmberF_VZW
0 Likes
Kilomodo

Amber,

I have tried personalizing the vibration pattern that way, as well as

creating a custom pattern, but nothing seems to work. I have vibrations set

to heartbeat pattern; and I have set up contacts to use this vibration

pattern as well. The same long buzz is still in effect.

Additionally, my friend's Galaxy S5 is doing the same after the recent

lollipop update.

Any suggestions? (:

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:27 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hmm. I appreciate you trying those steps Kilomodo! Have you downloaded any new applications to the phone? Please put the phone on http://spr.ly/6588A8H0 safe mode and retry.
AmberF_VZW
0 Likes
Kilomodo

I have downloaded a few new apps. I suppose some third-party software could

be affecting the vibrations, but disabling the apps through safe mode is

not working either. Same situation as before.

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Kilomodo

I uninstalled all third party apps, removed all updates from apps, and

nothing is fixing this situation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kilomodo I appreciate your cooperation so far. Have you backed up your contacts and pictures with the Verizon Cloud or in some other way? Now that you have removed all 3rd party apps, you want to make sure you don't have auto-restore turned on and then do a master reset of your phone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-104036/
Once that has been completed please keep me posted with the results
BryanS_VZW
0 Likes