Text app reset
tlynn1072
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I reset the text app that comes in the LG G3?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text app reset
Snn5
Legend

If you are trying to delete all texts, you can select threads and tap menu and delete selected.  This will take nearly an hour to do and your phone will freeze up.  But, thats normal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Go to your App Manager and find the keyboard app, then tap it then tap clear cache or delete info.

0 Likes
tlynn1072
Enthusiast - Level 2

That will reset the text messaging app? I am looking to delete all of my text messages. When I try through the app my phone freezes and I have to remove the battery to restart it.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are trying to delete all texts, you can select threads and tap menu and delete selected.  This will take nearly an hour to do and your phone will freeze up.  But, thats normal.

0 Likes
tlynn1072
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried. Fell asleep waiting. When I woke up phone was no longer frozen and all texts were still there. I was hoping there was a way to reset the app without reseting the phone. Looks like I will just keep deleting 5 texts at a time. Thanks for all your help.

Snn5
Legend

It can sometimes take several tries.  I always start with the shortest threads first.

0 Likes
tlynn1072
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did. The last one I have left had 10k+. Shame on me for not setting a maximum. Shhh.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, I only had about 8 threads with max 200 messages in any one thread.  I can imagine it will take a VERY long time for you.

0 Likes