Google Map doens't work more than once without rebooting
JasonVS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Google Map will only navigate ONCE, then I have to turn off and reboot for it to work again. Otherwise it will show the thumbnail of the map, then when it goes to the page showing current location and destination, it will just be "thinking" sometime for SEVERAL minutes. One time I turned it off after 10 minutes of it thinking and consuming 10% of the battery. Also connection to Gmail is very flakey—it won’t update mail.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Google Map doens't work more than once without rebooting
Snn5
Legend

Have you uninstalled (or uninstalled the updates for) these apps?  Then reinstall?

JasonVS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Which application would it be? I see nothing with the word "Maps" in it anywhere--and not within the grouping of Google applications.

0 Likes
JasonVS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found it. But Play Store doesn't work at all for me. Just a blank page on my phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

What Snn5 is Re-furring to is the Applications = Apps,  your Google Map's is a App that you can find in the Google Play Store or in your settings in App Manager or Similar  To update the app go to the Google Play Store and find your Apps and then Scroll your apps to see if Google Maps is in Updates if so then update it.. but before doing that you might check the reviews to see if any issues that might be present with the App.. there may be some but they be minor enough you can still use the App without any problems..

In your App Manager in your Setting you can G-Maps in Downloads if the App is Giving you issues as I thing you pointed out you can clear the Cache and if Needed the Data and you can also Force Stop the App.. After doing that I'd re-power cycle the phone then Try the App again..

Hope that Helps.. B33

Snn5
Legend

You might also need to uninstall Google Play Store updates as well, then when you go back to the play store after rebooting, everything will re-update.