LTE no longer showing up in my area
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

The area in question is the Spotyslvania Courthouse area (zips 22407 & 22553).

The last few days, LTE service has dropped and the phone fluctuates between 1X and 3G. I have friends with iPhones, a Samsung Note 2 and other Android devices having the same issue. I have the HTC One M9. The internet service is very unreliable for all of us in this area. However if we go towards the Central Park shopping center, everything is just fine. So it must be a location problem. And yes, this area has 4G coverage, it's been strong since the day it was turned on a few years back. This is the first time this issue has turned up.

Are you guys aware of this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LTE no longer showing up in my area
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know its important to have the best service in your area baronmccaul and we want to make sure your service is working 100%, I show great coverage in your area and no reported issues. Have you tried a SIM card pull? This could be helpful in reconnecting you with our towers. Make sure your phone is off before attempting this step.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know its important to have the best service in your area baronmccaul and we want to make sure your service is working 100%, I show great coverage in your area and no reported issues. Have you tried a SIM card pull? This could be helpful in reconnecting you with our towers. Make sure your phone is off before attempting this step.

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears this issue was not my phone. A SIM pull was performed on all devices experiencing this issue, but this did not solve anything. It was also affecting your basic phones, the non SIM ones.  Yes, I do know that this area has great coverage, but the service was lacking for some reason.  However, it seems it was a network problem.  It took two days, and the data service is now functioning correctly so far. Maybe a tower was down.

0 Likes
baronmccaul
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well we are back on this issue again. Can someone at VZW check if there is tower maintenance going on in my area (22407/22553)? This is the only area where I'm having problems. Unfortunately this happens to be where I live 😕

It is not my phone, others in the area have the same issue. I've had 0 problems with data connectivity for 4 years until last week. I'm tired of seeing 1X and 3G just flipping around on my phone. This morning I did not even have data for an hour. And when 4G does show up, it lasts for maybe 10-20 seconds.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
baronmccaul,

We don't want to hear that! You deserve world class service wherever you are. I've checked the area and we don't show any issues reported in the area. How long did it seem to be working better? How far do you have to go to get back to getting strong service?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes