Texts going to wrong people
Jonsdottir

Does Verizon ever act on these blog messages?  I called Verizon yesterday to report that my texts are going to the wrong people.  They said that had never happened and referred me to tech support who could not figure it out.  No solution provided.   I use texts for personal and business.  This is an extreme compromise with privacy laws and personal privacy as well.   What can be done?

0 Likes
Re: Texts going to wrong people
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

A rep may reply but for real tech support you are better off going through Verizon directly. Have you tried doing an Internet search on your issue to see if others are experiencing it and have any solutions? It is an odd thing so I'm not aware of it being a normal bug with Verizon in general. You may have a hardware issue with your phone where it's not recognizing the correct numbers you are texting.  Does this occur if you manually input the phone number you're texting versus texting a number in your address book? Have you gone through your contacts and made sure the numbers are still correct in there? If someone texts you first and you reply do they receive the reply or is it still going to the wrong number?

0 Likes
Re: Texts going to wrong people
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Jonsdottir, This is quite concerning, indeed! Which text messaging application are you using for your phone? Can you please confirm that your phone has the most current software version: http://spr.ly/6580f0XC? When did this issue first begin? We'll do all we can to help resolve this for you.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes