My Droid Maxx won't turn on
kayann

My Droid MAXX shut off last night when I tried charging it with my car charger. I haven’t been able to turn it on since it happened.  I tried using the wall charger to charge it overnight but still will not turn on this morning. I tried the soft reset (volume DOWN + Power) multiple times and nothing happened. I took it to the Verizon store where the tech tried the soft reset while the phone was plugged in, and a solid green light came on for a while, but the phone wouldn’t start up. I am concerned because I have recently taken family pictures and video that I would like to retrieve from this phone. He stated something like the phone being in a “deep sleep”, and offered to send for a replacement phone, but recommended I try tech support first.  Is there a way to retrieve the data from this phone manually?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Droid Maxx won't turn on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kayann,

Thanks for those additional details. Unfortunately if the device cannot be read by the computer and is failing to respond there may be no way to recover the information from the device. However, we can check certain places to see if anything was automatically backed up just to be sure. To access Verizon Cloud you would be able to log in to your My Verizon account with your mobile number and once logged in you can click Manage My Media under the Manage My Device section on the left. Also, your Google account can also be used to back up information, so it wouldn't hurt to check that either. Take a look here to see how you may be able to locate those https://support.google.com/plus/answer/4528877?hl=en.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for reaching out Kayann.
I'm sorry to hear the device won't power on with multiple chargers.  Is the device recognized when plugged into a laptop or PC? Are your pictures and videos backed up with an application? For example Verizon Cloud?

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kayann

The computer doesn't recognize the phone when it's plugged in. A green light comes on on the phone. The phone doesn't turn on.

0 Likes
kayann

Also, I don't think my pictures and video were being backed up wirelessly. I usually would remove files from the phone to the computer once a week, but I didn't get to backup my files for about 2 weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
kayann,

Thanks for those additional details. Unfortunately if the device cannot be read by the computer and is failing to respond there may be no way to recover the information from the device. However, we can check certain places to see if anything was automatically backed up just to be sure. To access Verizon Cloud you would be able to log in to your My Verizon account with your mobile number and once logged in you can click Manage My Media under the Manage My Device section on the left. Also, your Google account can also be used to back up information, so it wouldn't hurt to check that either. Take a look here to see how you may be able to locate those https://support.google.com/plus/answer/4528877?hl=en.

AdamG_VZW
0 Likes