htc one m8 crashing
jwark14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay. So I've had this phone since Feb? And recently I have been having issues with it. It will crash for no reason. Won't open my apps. I've reset my phone. Uninstalled apps, cleared memory, I've tried just about everything and NOTHING is working. Help?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: htc one m8 crashing
spioter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the fix - I read about this on  another blog and this worked for me - Uninstalling updates for "Android System WebView".

Here are the step by step instructions:
1) Get to the "App Manager" screen (one way: settings / App Manager)

2) Swipe over to the "ALL" screen to see "All Apps Installed"

3) Scroll down until you find "Android System WebView" (or use magnifying glass to
search for "webview") and press it

4) Press "Uninstall Updates" button and enjoy!

View solution in original post

htc1m8
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues!!!!!!

bpupnorth
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having similar issues on both my HTC One M8 and my wife's identical phone. Started about 2 days ago, now I have apps that no longer work. Anyone know of any recent updates to the phone's software recently?

spioter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's the fix - I read about this on  another blog and this worked for me - Uninstalling updates for "Android System WebView".

Here are the step by step instructions:
1) Get to the "App Manager" screen (one way: settings / App Manager)

2) Swipe over to the "ALL" screen to see "All Apps Installed"

3) Scroll down until you find "Android System WebView" (or use magnifying glass to
search for "webview") and press it

4) Press "Uninstall Updates" button and enjoy!

Jns613

i'm having the same issues with mine and my husbands htc phone which started two days ago as well. I've tried to reset the phone multiple times and nothing seems to work! i think it has something to do with the update we had in the beginning of the month. to bad Verizon doesn't have the option like sprint to go in person and have them trouble shoot the phones.

0 Likes
31tudor
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks spioter, this solves all of the problems I was having!

0 Likes
spioter
Enthusiast - Level 2

try my solution one post before yours under spioter

0 Likes
bpupnorth
Enthusiast - Level 2

spoiter - I tried that and a couple of my apps started to work again, and the other stays up but the screen goes black (in the app) as soon as I touch something. This is certainly some good help, and I think it gets us on the right track. Thanks for the clue!

0 Likes
bpupnorth
Enthusiast - Level 2

also, the Android System Webview updates just reinstall themselves, breaks the apps again.

0 Likes
tomb077
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue, same phone.

0 Likes