Awful just awful
tlee7474
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Edge program is awful, don't do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lies Lies Lies. recap:

I just spent 1 hour and 12 minutes on the phone with a Rep, not to mention the 45 minutes spent on Monday 4/20/15. Maybe they were stoned because for some reason the forgot to process my order. Then they make it seem like it is your fault. So on Monday after I placed the order I got a message that I need to verify that order. So I did through the message they sent. I then called to make sure that the verification went through because I am going out of town this weekend and wanted to use the phone ( go figure, the audacity of me). I was told that yes I did verify and that my order would be here in 2 days. So I call back today and try to see where it is and to get a tracking number etc. Well come to find out the order is not even processed yet. I did not understand. I asked why. after about 50 minutes and many holds later, they state that the payment wasn't made. I asked what payment because I was not told of any because it was going to be added to my current account I have has SINCE APPROX 2006. You would think that would afford me something. I guess not. So I ask ,ok, what payment and how much was it. So I am on hold for awhile longer and the guy I was talking to today states he was searching and couldn't find the payment amount. I then ask If YOU don't know the payment and what its for, how am I supposed to know what payment and what its for. For some reason I assumed Verizon would know about it (silly me). Then I ask.. when was someone going to let me know. If I would not have called would this have just gone on for weeks or what? No good answer. I actually don't think there was a payment because they would have said something when I was on the phone. Then he states ,we can cancel this order and place a new one, but we can't do it today (of course) it has to be at least 12 hours later. So then I ask a question a different way. I ask. ok, lets pretend Verizon is right and I did owe that payment to start that order....I say I want to pay it so I can start it., what's they next step......"well I don't know". I ask , do you get my point..... I have been with Verizon for a very long time. I am very disappointed and all I hear is... we know you're frustrated and we're sorry. It's funny while I'm on hold for all those multiple times I hear all these adverts about Verizon and how good they are etc etc. how if the phones are broke you can get a new one in 24 hours etc etc. How easy it is do it etc etc. All that while I am on the phone getting absolutely nothing done. The Irony was almost poetic. Shame on you Verizon. I am like the technology phone guy at my fire department. People are constantly asking about phone service providers and phones and I have referred a lot of people to Verizon. They have bought from there and switched services. If you know anything about fire departments you know it's word of mouth and family etc etc. I get a lot of questions on this new plan which is one of the reasons I wanted to try it and give feedback. A number have stated that the plan sounds like there must be a catch to it. Do you think I am going to recommend Verizon or tell people they should try the plan after my experience today? I am going to try and make that call tomorrow and see what happens. If I don't feel like the response is adequate not only will I not recommend Verizon etc. I will make sure no one that listens to me ever does future business here. I don't even usually write these things, that's how upset I am right now.  I am very loyal person and this is not how you treat people.

Labels (1)
Re: Awful just awful
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are very concerned to hear about your recent experience at the stop. We surely would not want you to leave us. We would like the opportunity to see how we can resolve this matter right away. Please send us a direct message.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems since you are not yet able to make an Edge purchase, you have no way of knowing if the Edge program is awful or not.

This instance of you making a purchase may be awful, but how can you know if it has to do with the Edge program or some other mixup????

tlee7474
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually I can. Initially I was told I was signed up with the edge program. Then I was told I wasn't. Then I was told something altogether different. So yes , there are mix-ups. I don't really get your point, you make no sense. IF I go to a car dealer sign papers for a car ( which the people from Verizon told me I was signed up for and gave me a delivery date) then if that car dealer did not deliver the car, because they lost the paperwork or misplaced it. I would say something negative about buying a car there. Then you would interject with a silly statement like.. You don't know what buying a car from that place is really like because technically you were never signed up because they lost the paperwork. Do you know how silly you sound. If you signed up for the edge program or in my suspicion work for verizon, then great. You have a wonderful experience, great for you! When Verizon verbally tell me I am signed up on 2 different conversations with 2 different reps, guess what... I consider myself signed up. You don't get to go back and say because I (verizon) messed up the paperwork this customer was never signed up so our program is still great. That's not how you do business, that's not how you do customer service. If you or they don't understand that then nothing I can say will help you understand it.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, every time someone points out something contrary to a post they are automatically a Verizon employee. Do you know how silly that sounds? Unless someone agrees with you they are a Verizon employee????

I do not work for Verizon. I have not made a purchase on Edge. It appears you have not either.

Whether or not the program is "just awful" cannot be determined by your purchasing mix up. If THAT were the case, then EVERYTHING you could possibly think of would be "just awful" because I am sure AT LEAST one person somewhere has had a problem with a purchase of said product. Imagine how silly THAT sounds.Smiley Happy

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Or even better yet...this could have happened with a phone purchased on a subsidy with a 2 yr contract. So your dissatisfaction is with the buying portion.

THIS is why I go to the store and buy. I get to walk out with my phone activated. No waiting for delivery. No getting lost in the mail. No wasting hours on the phone.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Listen, I wasn't trying to be negative towards you. I was just trying to point out that your situation could have happened whether you chose Edge, a 2yr agreement or full retail cost. Often times people get Edge confused with the calling plan too.

I always suggest that people go to a store instead of ordering online. Sure it may take 2 hours at the store but would you like to spend 2 hours there or 15 hours getting an online order straightened out?

tlee7474
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get it. I have been with Verizon for a very long time and many, many, different contracts and plans. I go in for 80% of anything I do. I understand the differences of the 2 with both advantages and drawbacks. I know where and when the mistakes could be made. Doesn't change my opinion of what happened, how it happened, and my unique knowledge of what I was told/promised. Most importantly though, of how it's being currently dealt with.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The way I interpret users here on the forums and in the communities is:

(in descending order)

Most are here asking a question

some are ranting

a few are asking a question within a rant, starting an argument

and the fewest are here to help.

Yet none of us are Vzw employees, unless the avatar with logo and the following footer comes after the rep's name:

_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!