iPhone 6 seemingly not synced with Verizon voicemail
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Voicemails show up in my iPhone for people who aren't contacts. But some voicemails after having deleted them through *86 will not delete from my iphone . I have a voicemail on my phone from January I can't get rid of. Also blocked voicemails will not delete from my phone , looks like it will delete it then immediately goes back into a "Blocked" folder. I only have a 16gb phone so I watch my space carefully. I tend not to run many things at once, hitting the home button twice to get to the screen where I can close stuff down . Is this just an Apple bug or can Verizon help me with this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 6 seemingly not synced with Verizon voicemail
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey I was able to delete all the old messages. Did a shut down and restart I think that may be what fixed it. thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Are you not using the Visual Voicemail? I notice that you say you delete the voicemails when using *86...can you not delete them directly from your device?

0 Likes
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can't delete some of them from my device.

0 Likes
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is visual voicemail?

0 Likes
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok yea I use visual vm . But I'm having trouble deleting vm messages from my iPhone 6

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you gone in to the "Deleted Messages" area and emptied that too? I haven't had this issue on my iPhone 6+ but I did a quick Google search and that seemed to fix some people problem. I always go into that section to truly delete my messages just to clear up the space for sure. Not guaranteeing this will fix the problem but it won't hurt to try if you haven't already

0 Likes
tubsplyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I've done that. I'm going to try to do that again. Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you continue to have the issue you might do better contacting Apple for assistance. Or Verizon...but I would check with Apple first

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi Tubeplyer,

We know having the best features available at all times is important! You should delete voice-mail messages only from the phone application on the iPhone 6. Go to phone>voice-mails>edit>select the voice-mail>delete. If this does not work, please send the error message that you receive. Your voice-mail platform on an iPhone does not recognize the actions performed when dialing *86.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is very puzzling, tubsplayer. Apple provides a special Visual Voice Mail for iPhones that can be accessed from the Home screen by navigating to Phone > Voicemail. Are you seeing these messages there? What path do you take to see a Blocked folder? Please also go into Settings > General > About and share the full Version listed.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes