I cannot receive group messages from some people but can from others.
katiebennett09

Everyone receives my messages but in some conversations I do not receive messages from them.  In other conversations it works just fine.  Cannot find a difference between conversations.  All conversations were with iPhone users

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot receive group messages from some people but can from others.
Ronald_Reagan_84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would try an alternative application for SMS and MMS messaging- the app "Textra" works well and is relatively small and not very resource intensive.  Verizon also has their own "Message+" app that is decent as well.  See if any of these help you out.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
katiebennett09,
Being able to ensure that you receive all of your messages is important. I am so sorry to learn that you haven't gotten some. You mentioned that these are all iPhone users, so does that mean you also have an iPhone? When did this start? Please provide some additional information.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
katiebennett09

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
katiebennett09

I just received this phone as a warranty replacement. It has been there the

whole time I have had the phone. It was also a problem with the first phone

I had.

On Wednesday, April 22, 2015, Katelyn Bennett <katiebennett91@gmail.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi katiebennett09!

I am here to further assist you today. When you have a group message that comes in, right above where you type in your message you should have an option "Group Conversation" or "Individual Messages". Let's check to see if it is set on the Group Conversation. If it is, go ahead and switch it to individual then switch it back to Group. Then test out the group message again. Another thing I would recommend is to go into Messaging, Tap on Menu in the lower left, Tap on Settings, under the section Multimedia Message Settings make sure there is a check mark in the Auto Retrieve. Please, keep us posted.

ChristinaB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
katiebennett09

Neither of those suggestions worked. It was already set on auto retrieve.

And switching back and forth from individual to group didn't help.

On Friday, April 24, 2015, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts Katelyn! What messaging application are you using?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
katiebennett09

I am using the Samsung default messaging app

On Apr 28, 2015 6:55 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
katiebennett09,

Thank you for verifying that important detail.  Is your software currently up to date? You can check by navigating to your settings and tapping "Software Updates".  I'd also suggest testing out the messaging in safe mode for a bit; http://vz.to/1HGkj9B .

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
katiebennett09

I updated to the new software and tried safe mode and neither helped. I

used to have an iPhone and deactivated Imessage when I switched. Could it

be related to the fact I switched to android from iPhone?

On Apr 30, 2015 7:52 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes