The clock on my phone is very badly wrong
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

This started on Sunday, 4/19.  When I got up in the morning, my phone's clock was off by 1 hour and 22 minutes.  I rebooted several times, and nothing seemed to fix it.  Each time I rebooted it, it reset itself to 9:44am, and the clock started running from there.  My phone is set up to automatically set the time and the time zone.  Eventually, rebooting fixed it.  After that, the clock would randomly set itself to different times, and then back to the correct time.  This happened several times on 4/19, and has happened several more times, today, 4/20.  I've tried everything to fix it.  I've disabled location and wifi, and it didn't fix anything.  If I go in to settings and disable automatic time and timezone, set the time manually, and then reboot, it changes the clock back to the wrong time upon reboot.

I also booted the phone in to safe mode, to rule out any apps causing the problem.  It still happened, even with no apps running.

There are two Note 4s in this household, and this has actually happened on both of them  One of them is used a lot less than the other, and it only happened once to that one, yesterday.

Both of these phones are still on 4.4.4 KitKat.  Nothing new has been installed on either phone in the last few weeks.

To me, it seems likely that this is a tower issue.  Isn't that where these phones get their clocks set?

Please help.  This phone is completely useless without a correct clock

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The clock on my phone is very badly wrong
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I know that I'm a little late getting back to this.  I did end up figuring it out.

Back when we first got Verizon, we had poor signal, so Verizon gave us a range extender device.  That thing has been so problem free, that I forgot that it was even in the mix.  About a day after posting this, my wife said, "Hey, what this purple blinking light on this black thing mean?".  She meant the range extender.  As soon as she said it, I knew exactly what was causing the time issue.  I rebooted it and it's been fine ever since.

Apparently my phones get the time from the range extender.

We barely use these phones as phones.  They are mostly used for internet activity.  If I had made more calls on it, I'd have noticed that the range extender needed to be rebooted sooner.

Thanks for replying.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
usmaak,

Let's get your clock working again! I can imagine the importance of making sure your phone is displaying the correct time. Did this start happening to both Note 4's at the same time? Can you please navigate to your settings under about phone and advise of current baseband versions? The most current software on the Galaxy Note 4 is LRX22C.N910VVRU1BOAF.

TrevorC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
usmaak
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I know that I'm a little late getting back to this.  I did end up figuring it out.

Back when we first got Verizon, we had poor signal, so Verizon gave us a range extender device.  That thing has been so problem free, that I forgot that it was even in the mix.  About a day after posting this, my wife said, "Hey, what this purple blinking light on this black thing mean?".  She meant the range extender.  As soon as she said it, I knew exactly what was causing the time issue.  I rebooted it and it's been fine ever since.

Apparently my phones get the time from the range extender.

We barely use these phones as phones.  They are mostly used for internet activity.  If I had made more calls on it, I'd have noticed that the range extender needed to be rebooted sooner.

Thanks for replying.

0 Likes
IntechUSA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Rebooting does NOT solve the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of getting the correct time in place for you and any neighbors! I am sending a Private Note and we will further work with our Network Team to file a ticket that will get this corrected. 

-Yale

0 Likes