Help with Verizon taking money after transaction was cancelled.
mswan92

Alright, so on April 14th 2015 I was finishing up work at Best Buy, and I have been browsing for a new phone and a decent carrier to use. I live in a Semi-Rural area so I need something that works really well in our area. I decided to go with Verizon, kind of worried about a potential Deposit that could be high due to my semi-poor credit rating at the moment. While sgning up for a Two Year contract for a Single line with Verizon at our local Best Buy I was required to pay a deposit, but luckily it was only $125.00 so I was very pleased. Near the end of signing everything up and after I paid for the deposit, the manager walked by and noticed that I was a new Verizon customer and a new account was going to be made for me and Verizon just recently made changes with Best Buy stating that new customers with verizon cannot sign up for a two year contract at Best Buy only Edge. So they ended up having to cancel the transaction. A day went by and the 125.00 was still being held by my bank. Then on April 16th Verizon actually pulled the funds out of my account. So I called my bank and talked to them about this problem, I went to Best Buy and spoke to them about the problem, and I figured I might aswell post something here to see if I can get any assistance.

So I was told by my bank to go to Best Buy, as I paid there, to attempt to be refunded. Problem is that they can't refund me directly because it wasn't Best Buy who pulled the funds, luckily they are trying to get Verizon to refund me but so far no luck. Any ideas on what I should do before I just call my bank and tell them to dispute the purchase and force Verizon to refund me? Thanks !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help with Verizon taking money after transaction was cancelled.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We never want starting service with us to be a hassle. Since you signed up for service at the Best Buy location, they would need to cancel the service and a refund of the security deposit would come once that's completed. How long after signing up did you cancel the line?

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Help with Verizon taking money after transaction was cancelled.
mswan92

It was immediate, they never finished my line or contract with Verizon. Which is why I found it rather interesting that the funds were still pulled. I will be visiting them on Tuesday(April 21st) to see how progress is going regarding this problem on the Best Buy end.

0 Likes