notification panel disappeared
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is a new one.   Over night my notification panel disappeared.   I can't figure out how to get it back.    WTH?   Can someone help?  I'm getting so frustrated with these mandatory upgrades that seem to be useless and take away stuff we use.   Please?  Verizon?????   Anyone????

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: notification panel disappeared
Snn5
Legend

Yes.  Scroll all the way to the right on the bar with the wifi, data, bluetooth etc...to EDIT.  Check the box for Qslide.  Then you can do the same with the Qslide bar and edit what you want in it the same way.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The pull down notification bar with clock is gone completely, or the bar won't pull down?

0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I pull it down, all that now shows is the time, date and the settings icon on the right hand side.   Nothing else.   All of my little quick links are gone (wifi, bluetooth, brightness, sound, etc).

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This is a first, that I have heard of anyway.  No EDIT button or anything?

0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nothing that I can find.  It was there last night cause I used it to adjust the sound.  This morning...gone.   The manual is useless for this (as is usual...they only tell you how great everything is, not how to fix things).  I'm getting very frustrated with both the LG phone and Verizon.  Seems like every upgrade something stupid happens that we have to "deal" with.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Outside of a factory reset or pressing the power button for 10+ seconds to simulate a battery pull, Im not sure.

0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

ARGH!   The soft reset didn't work.  I'm reluctant to do the factory reset as then I have to reset all my other stuff.   Been down that road several times with the first mandatory upgrade we were forced to do.   So at this point I'm so frustrated, I'm going to leave it alone....maybe it will miraculously reappear tomorrow morning.   I guess stranger things have happened.

jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just found out some more info.  It is actually the QSLIDE this is missing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah, the QSlide can be turned off.  The pull down notification toggles are stock and cannot be removed.

0 Likes
jkd1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you know how to turn it back on?   I've looked but can't seem to find anything.  Thanks for all the replies by the way.   You made me dig deeper into this and at least come up with the correct thing that disappeared!   LOL

0 Likes