Faulty phone from Edge program
annabanana114

I got a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phone last September on the Verizon Edge program. Ever since I have gotten it, it has had a problem with freezing and restarting. I will literally not even be touching it and no apps will be open. It will just freeze and restart. Over the course of the few months this problem has gotten worse and the phone has been freezing and crashing more frequently. Because my phone is on the edge program, am I eligible to trade it in for a different phone since its obviously an issue with the phone and nothing I did ? Or do I have to wait until the phone is almost paid off before I can trade this in? I love this phone. I love the service. This is just a very annoying problem...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Faulty phone from Edge program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
annabanana114,
You're actually asking a great question! Understand the warranty option is important. Verizon Wirelless does warrant individually owned wireless devices agains defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after the purchase date. Here's a link that will provide information surrounding our Warranty option http://spr.ly/6583fdDP .
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

You may still be covered under the one year warranty with Verizon.  If so, you are eligible to get a replacement.

The other option is to send it to Samsung for repair or replacement.

i Know how you feel, I love my Note 3!

annabanana114

Does everyone get that warranty ? Sorry, dumb question I know. But my fiance is the one who got the phone and he's clueless on the warranty stuff. 😕

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is a manufacturers warranty. Any phone purchased new comes with a manufacturers warranty. Verizon will facilitate it for you, or you can send it to Samsung.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
annabanana114,
You're actually asking a great question! Understand the warranty option is important. Verizon Wirelless does warrant individually owned wireless devices agains defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after the purchase date. Here's a link that will provide information surrounding our Warranty option http://spr.ly/6583fdDP .
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes