SAMSUNG-SM-G900V

Model number

SN-G900V

Android version

Baseband version

G900VVRUIB0C4

Build number

LRX21T.G900VVRUIB0C4

I am frustrated beyond reason and need my cell phone restored to the way it worked prior to my FORCED by Verizon update on April 15, 2015.

My issues are no different than the many others posted on here. My Wi-Fi is in a continual connect-disconnect loop so my data usage is off the charts. My battery drains immediately whether I'm using the phone or not. It is constantly "cooling down" even when I'm not on it. I get no notifications on my lock screen of missed calls or new text messages (that's my #1 complaint). And the tabs/open windows in Chrome problems is driving me crazy, although I think I found a workaround due to somebody else's post. It was a setting in Chrome.

Please help. Thank you! Becky

0 Likes
Re: Help with my phone since update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
oleson11, I too would be just as frustrated with what you are experiencing. We definitely want to make sure that you have a working phone. How long ago did you complete the update? There is a stabilization period that has to process, for your battery and phone to work optimally.

There may be a few other issues that may be affecting your phone outside of the stabilization that is occurring. Please start by clearing the cache for your device using these steps:

http://vz.to/1uorSMg --When you reach Step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone. Observe your phone to see if it has cleared up the issues you are experiencing.

Please keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
oleson11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nothing is more frustrating than problems I have experienced since April

15, 2015. That is the date of forced upgrade to Lollipop. Now in addition

to my battery not staying charged, the lag time when opening an app is

anywhere from 5-10 seconds as well as the lag time when typing an email.

Another problem I just now discovered is I can no longer print to my

Wireless HP printer. I think that has to do with the constant scanning for

a Wi-Fi connection. I am gonna lose it if my phone doesn't start working.

Not being notified of calls missed and text messages received is also a

major deal to me. Please. I have tried everything suggested to myself and

all of the other complaints logged on here. What I need is a revert back to

pre-upgrade option. I would NEVER have willingly upgraded knowing that all

of these problems exist.

Thank you! Becky

On Apr 20, 2015 8:06 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

oleson11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please see below.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
oleson11, we're stepping in to ease your frustrations and improve the performance of your device. Have you powered your device off/on since retrieving the software update? Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device? Which make/model phone do you have?

For more details regarding the recent Lollipop upgrade, click http://vz.to/1GjaGBa

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
edras
Enthusiast - Level 2

I looked at the Andriod description in the link you posted above and it talks about all the wonders of Lollipop 5.1.  When will this be available for download to us users?.

Ed

0 Likes
schtefan
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon, formating and re-installing apps that were paid for after an update is not acceptable. Please feedback to management that all updates SHOULD BE OPTIONAL - GET IT?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Great question edras! The Lollipop update is currently available for some model of devices. What model of device do you have or are you inquiring about? You can also find a list of the available updates for all our devices by going here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/.

AdamG_VZW
0 Likes
edras
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the Samsung GalaxyS5 (SMG900VZKV), currently running Android 4.4.4.  I keep getting notices to install Lollipop 5.0 however, given the problems that so many others are experiencing with 5.0, I want to wait until 5.1 before I install the Lollipop update.

The url that you posted above in post #6 does talk about installing 5.0 but in the url you posted in post #4 Verizon is talking about the advantages of 5.1.  This gives me hope that Verizon has 5.1 nearly ready for release.  I'm wondering how much longer it will be before we can get 5.1.

Thanks, Ed

0 Likes
BethE006
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes. Us poor unexpecting citizens that were blind-sided by the Lollipop 5.0 update now have phones that are inoperative. And, we get to keep paying our monthly Vzw bill!  how about that?!  aren't we lucky.

0 Likes