lollipop problem
longhorn66

Just downloaded lollipop. Now my LG G3 is very slow & Facebook will not open news feeds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lollipop problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to hear your phone is running slow and that you're having issues with your face book application. The information provided by Snn5 is very helpful. A factory reset is a last step for resolving issues after an update. We also advise to remove or update problematic applications. Some apps may not be compatible with new software. I also would suggest removing your face book app and adding it back to your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Factory data reset should have been performed preferably before, but at least after updating.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to hear your phone is running slow and that you're having issues with your face book application. The information provided by Snn5 is very helpful. A factory reset is a last step for resolving issues after an update. We also advise to remove or update problematic applications. Some apps may not be compatible with new software. I also would suggest removing your face book app and adding it back to your phone.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
LGMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

TRY REBOOTING AND LEAVING OFF FOR AT LEAST 5 MINUTES THEN DOWNLOAD ALL UPDATES IN GOOGLE PLAY STORE AND TRY AGAIN , ALSO DOWNLOAD CLEAN MASTER , IT WILL GET RID OF UNNEEDED JUNK INFORMATION STORED IN CACHES ON PHONE , IF STILL HAVING ISSUES POWER DOWN FOR ANOTHER 5 MINUTES OR SO . YOU MIGHT NEED TO GIVE IT A COUPLOE OF DAYS TO GETS ITSELF INTO A GROOVE.

0 Likes
longhorn66

Thanks. I use clean master & have powered off/on a couple of times, but

nothing helped. Guess I'll have to go to a Verizon store & hope they are

competent enough to help.

0 Likes
LGMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

THERE IS VERY LITTLE ANY VERIZON STORE REP WILL BE ABLE TO DO ALL THEY ARE THERE FOR IS TO SELL US PHONES. MOST ARE ONLY SELF EDUCATED BY THEIR OWN PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH CERTAIN PHONES . AND READING THESE FORUMS, GIVE IT S FEW MORE DAYS WHILE MAKING SURE YOU CLEAR OUT THE RECENT APPS AND DISABLING ANY VZW BLOAT AND CLEARING YOUR CACHE , ITS MOSTLY FROM THE CHANGE FROM DALVIK RUNTIME TO THE ART RUNTIME WHICH USES SLIGHTLY MORE DATA TO SPEED UP BOOTING OFF ALL APPLICATIONS THAT YOU OPEN

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
longhorn66,

Thanks for trying that. We still definitely have options we can try. Can you try safe mode on the phone? http://vz.to/1yxP54Z Does it run any better there?

AndrewT_VZW
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Beware of the foreign software with advertisements galore.