S-view case phone button stopped working after adding favorites on S6
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying out my brand new s-view case on my 2 day old S6.  When I first hit the phone button with the case closed, I got a message that my favorites would show, but I had none.  So I designate 4 favorites, and now neither button works - not phone, not camera.  Both show a halo when pressed, so I'm pretty sure my press was recognized.  Please don't suggest resetting the phone - it took far too long to get set up right the first time!  Any ideas what I can do to revive this feature?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: S-view case phone button stopped working after adding favorites on S6
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I have to apologize.  I didn't realize Samsung has a swipe fetish - those aren't buttons on the s-view screen, you have to swipe them across the screen to get them to work.  Would be nice if there was something about this on the accessories setup or in help somewhere!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

before anyone suggests diagnosing by using safe mode - did that, no change - same button failures in safe mode.

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

and before someone (anyone listening???) suggests, I've also reset the phone to "factory defaults" and still fails.

Some general comments:

1. Factory defaults doesn't fully reset the phone - it still knows my google account, local network access passwords, etc.  Not very good for returning the phone securely

2. Why do I have to login a second time to get to the "community" after I've already signed in to My verizon

3. Why doesn't Verizon provide email support?  I'll answer that - the "community" is free to them, even though the resulting service to their customers is spotty at best.

0 Likes
newvalve
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, I have to apologize.  I didn't realize Samsung has a swipe fetish - those aren't buttons on the s-view screen, you have to swipe them across the screen to get them to work.  Would be nice if there was something about this on the accessories setup or in help somewhere!

0 Likes