Can anyone help me keep wifi off on my S5? Since the last update my wifi keeps turning on without input from me. I have unlimited data and don't use the wifi much to extend the battery but this is killing it now.
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can anyone help me keep wifi off on my S5?  Since the last update my wifi keeps turning on without input from me.  I have unlimited data and don't use the wifi much to extend the battery but this is killing it now.

0 Likes
Re: Can anyone help me keep wifi off on my S5? Since the last update my wifi keeps turning on without input from me. I have unlimited data and don't use the wifi much to extend the battery but this is killing it now.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Help is here to resolve this issue with your wifi connection 88DaveS. Lets try disabling your "Smart Network Switch". Select Settings> Wifi. The 'smart network switch' is in the advanced settings. Locate the Menu icon in the upper right hand corner > Tap Menu > Tap Advanced > Locate and ensure the check box is Unchecked next to Smart network switch. Let us know if this helps.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Can anyone help me keep wifi off on my S5? Since the last update my wifi keeps turning on without input from me. I have unlimited data and don't use the wifi much to extend the battery but this is killing it now.
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tried that and that doesn't help.   I've disabled every advanced setting possible

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry the steps I provided didn't help with your issue 88DaveS. Have you tried a factory reset? This may help clear up some of your issues. Make sure you back up all your data before you perform this step. Here is a link with the steps http://vz.to/1vPeHt4 .

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

do you have wi-fi turned off & smart switch off?

0 Likes
88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.   Disabled all of those and even put the GPS to GPS only.

88DaveS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was hoping to not need that but I'll have to give a try.

0 Likes
DennisReynolds

I couldn't get my WiFi to turn ON !  Tech Support was worthless ! Instead of Factory Reset I did the "Reset Settings" just under the Factory Reset. This fixed the problem for me.

0 Likes
Aponzini
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've tread through several threads and Verizon sorry seems to have no idea what is going on. Same recommendations to everyone that don't work.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Welcome to the thread, Aponzini.  I’m to understand you’ve a Galaxy S5 is also experiencing this quirk where the wi-fi won’t turn off?  One angle that I’m not seeing posted in addition to turning off Smart switch  is the verifying that “Wi-Fi Notifications” are off as well. The location of this setting is in Settings> WiFi > Advanced > Wi-Fi Notifications. Ensure that this is unchecked.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes