Castle Rock Outlet Mall VERY weak signal; been that way for years now...
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

I frequently stop in Castle Rock, Colorado on my way up to Denver with my wife and shop at the massive Outlet mall there right off exit 184. This is literally right off I-25, just miles away from a major metropolitan city. Castle Rock itself is a decent sized town too. I barely get 3G when walking around the mall, and I usually lose signal altogether when inside most of the stores (it is an outdoor mall). I thought after a while this would be fixed, as this place is VERY busy all the time, with many shoppers going there, but I've lived here for almost 3 years now, have had 3 different Verizon phones (S3, iPhone 5, now iPhone 6) and still have the same problem, as does my wife with her old Razr and now iPhone 6 as well. I'll give Verizon credit, the mall is kind of down in a hole pretty far below elevation from the interstate, but still, I can HEAR the cars going by I-25 as I walk around there.

Please fix this! It is very annoying to have to go shopping with my wife and being unable to browse my phone due to shear boredom...LOL

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Castle Rock Outlet Mall VERY weak signal; been that way for years now...
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

LoL!! Suggestion is give your wife a prepaid CC and let her go by herself. Just Kidding.

Seriously, though, there are many reason that the service has not increased in this area. VZW cannot get the permission to erect another tower....this area is between 2 towers but on the outskirts of their reach....or a whole host of other reasons.

You could preload a movie onto your device and this does not need data to be played.

Re: Castle Rock Outlet Mall VERY weak signal; been that way for years now...
DCSport
Enthusiast - Level 1

That makes sense about the towers, but that's still a poor excuse. I'm sure the mall wants to fix this as it is bad for business (Verizon is a major cell carrier after all), so why not work out a deal to put some repeaters around the mall area? Isn't that what they usually do in high density areas? Heck, there's a huge Lowes across the street. Put a tower in their attic or something.

0 Likes