How can I get my device to connect to a server?
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm still a Verizon customer and have heard about the Kit Kat update for the Ellipsis 7. My device still has Jelly Bean and since day one has always said " can not connect to server"  how ever my wife has the same model and she has no issues with the updates.  I have already sent it out once to get "fixed" but that obviously didn't work. What can I do to make it work properly?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Jelly Bean
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi splat15

When you have the chance to try again, please ensure you have a 4G connection, turn off Wi-Fi, and restart your device. Then please try to pull the update again. You should now be able to update to the current software. Thank you for you report.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
splat15,
I am sorry to learn that you've been having trouble connecting with your Ellipsis 7. Having a tablet myself, it always nice to be able to have it ready at a moment's notice. Looking over information for the 7, I do not see that the software was in fact selected to upgrade to Kit Kat back in February. I know one thing that can be done to help push through a software update is to do a master reset. This will allow the device to reset completely and when it starts up, it will automatically look for the latest update. No need to worry about losing information either. If you have Verizon Cloud set up, you can back everything up, apps, settings, pictures, etc before doing the update and you should have no troubles with that. Once the backup is done, master reset the tablet and see if the update pushes through. If not, keep us posted. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done the reset and it still won't connect to server.

0 Likes
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

So anymore suggestions on how to fix my device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
splat15,

Thanks for trying that. Is the same thing happening if you're on mobile data as well as on wi-fi? Is the mobile data working other than when trying to do a software update?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes the same thing is happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks again for the feedback, splat15. I noticed in your original post that you had sent the device out to be fixed. Can you expand on that? Where was it sent to? Who did you work with on that? Have you since been in touch with that party to get answers as well? If so, what response did you get?

DionM_VZW
0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi splat15

When you have the chance to try again, please ensure you have a 4G connection, turn off Wi-Fi, and restart your device. Then please try to pull the update again. You should now be able to update to the current software. Thank you for you report.

0 Likes
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

I sent it in to Verizon itself. I can barely remember last week let alone when I sent it in. I know it was a few months after I got it. I have done that and it will not connect to server will not give me a status even.

0 Likes
splat15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Scratch that finally worked after a couple of restarts thank you

0 Likes