Trouble activating the fingerprint web sign-in feature on my new Samsung S6.
jkeese01
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no switch on the fingerprint settings menu to enable the web sign-on feature.

Is this option not included on Verizon's version of the phones?

The cnet.com demo shows under Fingerprint verification two settings:  Web sign-in and Verify Samsung account.

My phone only has the Verify Samsung account setting.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Jim Keese

Re: Trouble activating the fingerprint web sign-in feature on my new Samsung S6.
VzUser1013
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also wondering the same thing. I would love to use this feature. I would be very disappointed I'd Verizon disabled it. I can't find the setting to use my fingerprint to sign in to websites anywhere.

Re: Trouble activating the fingerprint web sign-in feature on my new Samsung S6.
LilBRulesAll
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm in the same boat. Where is this at Verizon??

Kevdogg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly what I'm having trouble with. Why in the world would Verizon take out this incredibly useful feature?! It's one of the main reasons I bought the phone! Please bring this feature back in next software update. Many people are upset that it's missing.

0 Likes
Gringo-Aplatanado
Enthusiast - Level 2

Only supported in the Samsung web browser which was not included as a default app.

0 Likes
Kevdogg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

So is it possible to get that web browser? And if so...would it come with that option?

0 Likes
Gringo-Aplatanado
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that I can find.  Someone on XDA even tried side loading the apk ripped from another variant but was a no go.  Its not in the Samsung app store either.  The response Verizon gave one of the news outlets that they aren't blocking the users ability to install Samsung apps may not be entirely true.

0 Likes
Kevdogg4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I guess enough people have to complain about this and maybe verizon will fix in a software update..

0 Likes
TMO89
Contributor - Level 1

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION ALSO? ANYONE? What's the story here? I have not purchased the phone yet so this is of import to me as a potential owner..... Anyone? Verizon Wireless Customer Support??

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Just so you know, Verizon Wireless Customer Support is a generic, un-monitored userid which will get you nothing by tagging it in a post.

Reps log into this userid to post on these forums, but any messages sent to this userid will sit unanswered as the reps only monitor their own userid's.

0 Likes