LG G3 lollipop
Chesky
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey guys! Lollipop for the LG G3 is finally here! I'm downloading it now from system updates,

Post here your experience with the new update.

Enjoy!

Labels (2)
Re: LG G3 lollipop
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, so awful. After the update I can't access the Play Store, which is preventing me from getting other updates.

imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, so awful. After the update I can't access the Play Store, which is preventing me from getting other updates.

Chesky
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Play Store has to be updated after the lollipop update before you can use it, I got a prompt to update it, maybe try a reboot.

0 Likes
imqurnot
Enthusiast - Level 2

The reboot doesn't work. I'm stuck.

0 Likes
Razo_SE
Enthusiast - Level 3

So far so good.  Nothing major has gone wrong yet.

0 Likes
krusej23
Contributor - Level 1

Your google accounts will not sync over wifi. It's a major bug in this update. It's a wifi syncing issue that Verizon didn't care about. They pushed out the update to everyone while knowing that there was this big wifi syncing bug. They knew about it weeks ago and submitted it to LG but still pushed out the update over OTA because they will get more money from you using their 4g or 3g instead of you using wifi. Don't put your phone into safe mode either because that will wipe out your widgets, default keyboard, and default sms app.

saoudi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lollipop was an awful update.

My battery drains so fast, I have to charge it few times a day.

I used to spend a whole day on a single charge.

I hope they fix it soon, or give us an option to go back to kitkat

Jcricketts
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW!  Installed Lolly pop on G3  last evening. This morning I proceeded to download Email. got the dreaded " Server temporarily not available, try later"  I went on the internet to ask the question and found dozens of people with G3 with the same problem. 4g, no problem. WIFI does not work as all others reported..  In an attempt to resolve the problem I rebooted my system modem then the router and ultimately the PC. NO change. I then did a G3  System backup and restore. which I usually do anyway with a major sys upgrade. Net result, the same as before.

So now the question is - How do I report the problem, who do I talk to, HELP

ta_40
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed!!! Major issue with apps not synching over the wifi and only over mobile data 4g network. Also Google screwed this OS up as well with the Priority Notifications, tooo complicated to manage your phone between getting a notification and no ringer or vibration vs enabling sound or vibrate to acknowledge a text or phone call. Also without making your built in alarm a priority app, if you put the phone into no interruptions it will silence your alarm. Additionally this update drains the battery like no other, and the functionality is SLOW!