Data connection stability issues since lollipop OTA?
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is anyone else having network connection issues on their N4 after the lollipop update? At home, my 4G signal drops from 2-4 bars. At work it's the worse. It bounces from 4G, to 3G, and EVDO. It's never done that before until after the update. I turned on my wifi to help with keeping a stable signal, but that doesn't help. It keeps dropping my wifi and tries to switch back to the verizon network and starts switching through the different signals. In the meantime it my phone stops receiving a signal, so trying to stream music is almost useless as it pauses to buffer waiting for a signal.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data connection stability issues since lollipop OTA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rckt82,

Thanks for keeping us posted with your troubleshooting. The lollipop update works best from a clean slate. The best option to get the phone working again will be a backup and factory reset.

How to Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/?lid=sayt&sayt=verizon%20cloud*

How to Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121760/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
garberinc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the note 4. Since lollipop signal strength is awful. Lots of dropped calls. How can I revert to KK?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
garberinc,

Help has arrived! Making sure you have a reliable connection is our top priority. What zip code are you experiencing these service issues in? While the device is unable to revert back to the previous software version, we can certainly take a closer look to see what's going on. Has this affected voice, data or text?

EfrainM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm having major connection issues in zip code 45069. it's very unstable, it consistently bounces from 4G, to 3G, and 1X. before the lollipop ota I always held a 4G signal. at home it stays on 4G but my signal is weaker. my home zip code is 45246.

0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

my voice connection seems fine but I get a lot of failed notifications on sent texts. zip 45069 & 45246 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rckt82

Let's get you the service we come to expect as a Verizon customer! When did this data fluctuation begin? Is this happening indoors or outdoors? Does anyone else experience this in this area? Try these steps and keep us updated http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/galaxy-note-4-troubleshooting-fluct/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still having data connections. It's getting a bit beyond annoying now. Having one of the best phones on the "nations fastest" network doesn't do any good if you don't have a connection. Right now I can't even connect to 3G or 4G.

The issue began immediately after receiving the OTA update from kitkat to lollipop. I didn't have any data connection issues until the software update. Since the upgrade is when it became unstable. I've tried going through the troubleshooting process including a factory reset.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What happens when you go into Settings | Mobile Networks | System Select | Network Mode, and change from Global to LTE/CDMA?

Also, turn off Smart Switch. If your WiFi is weak, do you really want the phone reverting to sending data over the cellular network?

0 Likes
rckt82
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried limiting my network mode to just LTE/CDMA yesterday. I completely lose my connection rather than switching to 1X now.

I have the smart switch off, because my data streaming (music stream) kept getting interrupted even more then it was when it was bouncing between the cellular networks. adding wifi to the mix just added one more cycle for my data connection. Running purely cellular data isn't a concern. I simply want a stable connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
rckt82,

Thanks for keeping us posted with your troubleshooting. The lollipop update works best from a clean slate. The best option to get the phone working again will be a backup and factory reset.

How to Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-verizon-cloud/?lid=sayt&sayt=verizon%20cloud*

How to Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121760/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes