After updating my S5 to lollipop the battery drains very fast. I completed a factory reset which did not fix things and after the reset I also lost 2GB of memory. What other solutions are out there?
annaf0845

When the first lollipop update rolled around and my battery drained very fast. I had completed a factory reset which fixed the issue completely and added 3GB of memory. Now that I updated again the problem is back and the factory reset did not change things. I also lost 2GB of memory after the reset.  I also reformatted my SD card and have cleared the cache. The battery shows no unnecessary apps running.

I am at a lack of solutions at this point. Does anybody have any suggestions

0 Likes
Re: After updating my S5 to lollipop the battery drains very fast. I completed a factory reset which did not fix things and after the reset I also lost 2GB of memory. What other solutions are out there?
bearone21
Legend

memory or storage?? 

the s5 doesn't come with an sd card, how big of a card did you add, it may be full if you have many apps on the card.

0 Likes
Re: After updating my S5 to lollipop the battery drains very fast. I completed a factory reset which did not fix things and after the reset I also lost 2GB of memory. What other solutions are out there?
annaf0845

The sd card is 4GB and yes it was a additional accessory to the phone I purchased after. It wasn't full but I went ahead and reformatted, I had read that could help with the issue. The memory loss was associated with the internal memory on the phone.

0 Likes