calls wont connect
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

ever since the lolliflop update and mainly for the past week i have had issues with calls being conncected. i have to call the number at least twice before it finally connects. whether its a landline or a cell phone. any reason why this might be happening? Verizon Wireless Customer Support if i wanted to switch to a different phone and not a referrbished one how much would it cost? ive had nothing but problems with my galaxy s5 since i got it last december specially when the lolliflop was released.

0 Likes
Re: calls wont connect
bearone21
Legend

check settings, more networks/mobile networks:

mine changed to gsm....i switched it to lte/cdma, removed/replaced the sim card & that resolved the problem.

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

will i lose anything on my phone if i do that? or is it as if i took the battery out and reset it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We understand the frustration of dealing with several device issues. What the member mentioned above will not cause you to lose anything on your device. Please give it a try and let us know if it helps.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support i have done everything mentioned and i still have issues with calls connecting only this time its to everyone every time. please help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We appreciate you trying these steps. What happens when you make a call now? Can you receive calls? Has this issue been lifted up to technical support?

SheritaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

i still have issues making some calls...for instance yesterday i tried to call a mobile number in my contacts and after hitting send i got nothing...i had to end and redial 4 times before the call would connect. i have not had any problems as far as i know with receiving calls. and no i havent talked to tech support about this. The last thing i spoke with tech support about was my phone battery dieing after only a few hours which it still does.

0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

my biggest fear with my phone not working consistently is what happens if there is an emergency? how would i call for help? ive had nothing but issues with my galaxy s5 since day 3 of having my phone. if it wasn't past the 14 days i would change to a different phone in a heart beat. but i can't afford to pay for a new phone at retail price.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
You're right! It is important to have a reliable phone, especially in case of an emergency. Our concern is that the call issue could possibly be related to the network or device. How was service with your previous phone? Was it a 3g or 4g device? To confirm, you have not let technical support know about the call issues recently?

SheritaH_VZW
0 Likes
buzzeswoman2008
Contributor - Level 3

My previous device was a basic LG phone and I never had issues with it. I have spoken with tier 2 tech support about this issue as well. The only thing they suggested after troubleshooting was that they could send me out a replacement device. But that I should be aware cuz it will just have the same issues. So I asked them to hold off on that cuz why get a replacement device knowING after a few days I will just have to wait for another one.

0 Likes