Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue
CR_Collector
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else experienced a screen rotation issue on the S6 edge?  My device is locked in portrait mode and will not rotate.  Before you ask, YES SCREEN ROTATION IS TURNED ON.

I have spoken with both Verizon and Samsung tech support and they didn't have a clue other than swap out my phone.  Doing a google search on S6 screen rotation issues pulls up a few hits with other people reporting the same issue.  I have done 6 factory resets so far and it has not corrected the issue.  I'm convinced this is a software glitch that will someday be fixed (hopefully soon).

I wanted to see how big an issue this was so I can determine if I stick it out with the S6 edge or return it within my 14 days and get something else.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge screen rotation issue
Giummo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent VZW support these pics on twitter. they responded they werent aware of any situation. I also sent them to Samsung. Obviously upright it should read 0 degrees as the 2nd picture shows, the first picture in the landscape orientation should read 90 degrees. Another user in another forum used this app and got roughly the same measurementPhoto Apr 15, 12 01 09 PM.jpgPhoto Apr 15, 12 00 56 PM.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

If you stick with it the issue may never go away. It would be a big issue for me with my phone without screen rotation. I would take it back for a replacement within your 14 day trial, making sure the rotation works on the next one before you leave the store. If you did 6 factory resets then I doubt if you can fix it with any menu option.

smars84
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I have the same issue and i just called to customer service and their advice is to exchange the phone. They don't think a software update will fix the issue. You can go to any corporate verizon store and make sure you bring everything that came with the phone (box, charger, headset, etc..) ill be doing this today if i have time. good luck. hope this helped.

CR_Collector
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's what they told me too.  I just got back from exchanging it and made sure screen rotation worked before then activated the phone.  Hopefully it was just a defective phone and not a software glitch but time will tell.

DCollman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the S6 edge. I guess im lucky cause I dont have that problem. My problems seems to be lack of getting text messages from others... not sure my texts are getting delivered

Pro3d
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered a 32GB Galaxy S6 Edge and the phone had this issue upon turning it on.

I went down to my local Verizon store and replaced the phone, which rotated fine for 1 DAY... then the new phone stopped rotating as well. I am extremely irritated at this issue... and though it may seem minor to some, every time you watch a video full screen or rotate to txt, or use your camera in landscape... I hope you realize that this dumb little bug completely ruins the phone experience. I don't know WTF to do now???!!!

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Go get another one. Keep doing it until you finally get one that works.

Pro3d
Enthusiast - Level 2

LOL... I decided to do just that. Phone Number 3 appears to be working. For Now.

TusharS

Facing the same issue. Screen does not rotate at all. Went to local Verizon store, was informed that they do not have the device in stock and would only be able to replace once it's stocked.

The irritating part is that they didn't have any estimate when the replacement would be available. Seriously, either Samsung or Verizon underestimated the phone.

On pressing further, the alternate provided option was that I can order the new piece at retail price which would be overnight delivery and once I return my existing device, I would get the amount back.

I have decided to wait couple of days before taking this option. But I am wondering whether they actually don't have the device or they just want a new sale instead of replacement.

0 Likes
Pro3d
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe your feeling regarding them saving phones for new sale is dead on.

I got the exact same feedback you did... no phones in stock, we should be getting some in soon, but after he went in back to have his manager call a local store to hold one, he miraculously found one for me... and the box was NOT fresh out of some shipment as it had wear marks on it.

0 Likes