mms not downloading with wifi on
Kitty1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a new Samsung s5! it will not download mms while wifi is on, Data is on. my s3 downloaded mms with both wifi and data on. My sister has a s5 and hers downloads mms wifi and data on. I know mine should. What is wrong? HELP is my phone defective?

Thank you

Marcia

0 Likes
Re: mms not downloading with wifi on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Kitty1952! I can certainly help you today! My apologies for the trouble you're experiencing! All MMS messages need data in order to send & receive properly. Let's ensure that your data is enabled. Even if you're connected to Wi-Fi, as long as your data is enabled, you'll be able to send properly. To verify data is on: Go to Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > verify Mobile Data is checked off > Go to Global Data roaming Access > Verify Allow access for all trips is enabled. Power off device to reset for 1 minute. Then try to send a MMS message to yourself to test the sending & receiving. Keep us posted, thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

don't you have to remove/replace simm card after the swap to/from global back to cdma/lte?

my wi'fi/no data, won't do any mms/sms messaging, send or receive & it's not worth my time to swap the simm card to do it.

0 Likes
Kitty1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you had read my message ! I keep DATA and WIFI on all the time
Thank you

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Are you and your sister using the same version of Android? The same messaging apps? Have you tried to disable the wifi to see if the messages start to go through again? Have you made sure that you're set to cdma/lte and not global for your mobile networks? It doens't sound like a defect in the phone necessarily...it sounds like it could be either a setting or software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kitty1952,

Let's get to the bottom of this! If you turn off wifi are you able to send/receive MMS? What software version do you have on your phone http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-97648/?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes