S5 breaking up my messages
shannonmathews21

I am having the same issue as brownbearetd. I am using messenger+. If I send a text to an i-phone, it breaks it into multiple texts that are one or two lines long. It is driving my friends crazy. Sometimes it sends the same message twice. I need a fix please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: S5 breaking up my messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want your messages to go in one piece shannonmathews21! Let's get to the bottom of this messaging issue! When did this issue start? Is this issue exclusive to messages sent to iPhones? What is your Galaxy S5 software build number? http://spr.ly/65874iaf

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
shannonmathews21

Thank you. My software build number is LRX21T.G900VVRU1BOC4

The issues started when I traded up from the S3 to the S5 a few weeks ago. I am using the Messenger + App to send messages. I think it is only happening with I-Phones, but I am not sure. The people I text the most and send the longest texts to have I-phones. My friend that I text the most has sent me screen shots of the messages broken up into small messages. They don't look that way on my screen. I think I am driving her nuts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
shannonmathews21, thanks for those details. Do your text messages have more than 180 characters? Please be advised that text messages that have more than 180 characters will be broken up into more than one message.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
shannonmathews21

I know long messages are broken up but this is breaking my messages in several 65 character messages. I have been texting this friend for years and it wasn't until I switched from the S3 to the S5 that this started happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Appreciate these additional details you've provided us with,
shannonmathews21 . Do any of these messages contain emojis/emoticons by chance?

Have you tried using the standard Messages application, or Google Hangouts to see if the issue is replicated?

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes