Does the messenger have to back up your texts messages?
Cameolynn

Does the messenger have to back up your text's....and do you prefer messenger+ or just messenger?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the messenger have to back up your text's
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, Messages + does not have to save or back up all your texts - you can delete, selectively sync with devices, choose to limit the number of messages in a conversation that are saved (and the oldest are auto deleted when the limit is reached).  Go into the settings and you can see the options for Save, Delete, etc.

Messages+ is Verizon's messaging app (icon has a red background, two white chat bubbles) - what do you mean by Messenger?  Facebook's Messenger?  That's totally separate and unrelated.  The native texting app is just called Messaging (looks like a square green chat bubble with a happy face).  I use Messages + because I can get the messages on my tablet, computer, or phone, whatever is handy at the moment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Does the messenger have to back up your text's
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, Messages + does not have to save or back up all your texts - you can delete, selectively sync with devices, choose to limit the number of messages in a conversation that are saved (and the oldest are auto deleted when the limit is reached).  Go into the settings and you can see the options for Save, Delete, etc.

Messages+ is Verizon's messaging app (icon has a red background, two white chat bubbles) - what do you mean by Messenger?  Facebook's Messenger?  That's totally separate and unrelated.  The native texting app is just called Messaging (looks like a square green chat bubble with a happy face).  I use Messages + because I can get the messages on my tablet, computer, or phone, whatever is handy at the moment.

0 Likes