Is the S3 capable of data on international SIM cards now?
mrwiseguy85

I understand that as far back as mid-2013 the Verizon Galaxy S3 was unlocked to be used with certain international SIM cards, but it was only able to support text messaging and voice calls using an international SIM card.  I believe data was not capable on the S3 due to some issue with a static APN.  Since then, has the phone been updated to support data over an international SIM card?  I will be traveling to Italy and Croatia in the near future and would like to know my options with this phone.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is the S3 capable of data on international SIM cards now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mrwiseguy85,

Having your phone work great while you travel is very important! The Galaxy S3 is fully unlocked for global use and should work great with an international SIM. It is best to reach out to the carrier you'll be working with though to make sure the phone will fully work on their network. We'd also love the opportunity to set you up with a global option for your trip! http://vz.to/1tNVmBT
AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is the S3 capable of data on international SIM cards now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mrwiseguy85,

Having your phone work great while you travel is very important! The Galaxy S3 is fully unlocked for global use and should work great with an international SIM. It is best to reach out to the carrier you'll be working with though to make sure the phone will fully work on their network. We'd also love the opportunity to set you up with a global option for your trip! http://vz.to/1tNVmBT
AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes