How do I hide or disable apps ?
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not on the home screen but in the Menu. There are so many apps that I dont use and dont care to see. I really want to either hide them or put in a folder so there is less clutter

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a way to hide or move apps ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Sorry about all the confusion, mamahix. You're right, there is no menu button on the Turbo. There's actually no "hide" option for the apps. However, you can disable an application as mentioned earlier. Once it's disabled, it will no longer appear on the application screen unless you go back and enable it. You can disable it through the app settings or from the application screen, tap and hold an application then drag and drop it into App Info at the top of the screen. If it can be uninstalled or disabled, it will show there.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Tap menu and select hide/show apps.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also, use your app manager in settings to uninstall or disable what you dont want.

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I tap the menu button (the little circle with 6 dots on the home screen), it just goes to the screen with all the apps and there is no option to hide the apps, i can only scroll thru the different pages of apps

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

And what apps are safe to disable? I tried a couple and I keep getting a message that If I disable a pre-installed app that other apps may misbehave

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That circle with 6 dots is your app drawer.  Menu (near home and back keys) or settings (gear icon from pulling down notification bar) is where you find your app manager.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can disable any app you don't want to use.  System apps cannot be disabled as a safety measure.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can press Menu within the app drawer to hide or show apps that you cannot disable but don't want to see.

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where is the Menu? I only have 3 buttons, back, home and open apps

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

or settings (gear icon from pulling down notification bar)Screenshot_2014-11-24-23-30-34-360x640.png

0 Likes