Since the new Lollipop install last week my Battery has been on constant drain... No background apps running and the batter will be dead by 11am with no usage... Is there a fix in place for this?
dsalinetro

This new update has been horrendous I have uninstalled multiple application to try and fix the battery issues with no success. I have read on multiple forums that this was known issue prior to pushing out the update to Lollipop when will this be resolved? I have to now keep a portable charger with me at all times which is very inconvenient.

0 Likes
Re: Since the new Lollipop install last week my Battery has been on constant drain... No background apps running and the batter will be dead by 11am with no usage... Is there a fix in place for this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We wanttoi do all that we can to ensure that you are able to enjoy your Galaxy S 5! Thanks for posting the troubleshooting steps that you have already completed. May I ask how long ago, in days, did you complete the update? It typically takes about 3-5 days for the software to settle. If it has been longer than 5 days then I would suggest a factory reset and use the device for a day or two without installing any apps. Once you have done so, please retest and keep us posted.
ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Since the new Lollipop install last week my Battery has been on constant drain... No background apps running and the batter will be dead by 11am with no usage... Is there a fix in place for this?
dsalinetro

I have done two factory resets since this update and have had the same results. I am very disappointed with my phone right now I am hoping there is an update to fix this issue. Ans soon....

0 Likes
Jaysonol
Enthusiast - Level 3

What does that even mean, it takes "3-5 days to settle"?  The patch/upgrade is either bugged or isn't.  How does 3-5 days change the way code on an OS alters overall performance for better or worse?  This sounds 'fishy' to me.

0 Likes