How do I fix "android.process.acore" error?
emcollier
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received the lollipop (5.0.2) update and now I am getting the "android.process.acore" error.  I cleared the databases of Contacts and Contacts Storage and it still does that. I tried force closing them and it stopped--until I pressed the phone button to make a call. When the error popped-up and I pressed OK, the phone app crashed. This is the only app that crashes after I  press OK on the error message. My phone is unusable like this. Is there a fix for this or am I  going to have to somehow downgrade back to Kit-Kat?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop & android.process.acore problem
Snn5
Legend

Try going to storage under settings.  Tap cache, should clear most all cache in the phone.  Also check any other account added to the phone under Accounts in settings.  If you haven't factory reset the phone since the update...you might need to.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Removing the facebook app, if installed seems to correct this, also there is an app in the play store called contacts sync fixer that has worked for some.  There is no going back to 4.4.2 by normal means.

0 Likes
emcollier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply. I don't have Facebook installed, and when loading the contact fix app, the error popped-up and when I clicked OK the app crashed. 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Try going to storage under settings.  Tap cache, should clear most all cache in the phone.  Also check any other account added to the phone under Accounts in settings.  If you haven't factory reset the phone since the update...you might need to.

emcollier
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you  so much! I unchecked automatically sync in Accounts and that stopped it. Again,  thanks.

Snn5
Legend

Welcome Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: Re: Lollipop & android.process.acore problem
rotarydial
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had the android.process.acore popup error message.  I kept uninstalling apps trying to cure the problem.  After reading that uninstalling the Facebook App might work, I uninstalled the Facebook App ( not the website but the App ) and the problem was fixed.  Apparently Facebook was syncing the facebook contacts with my phone ( LG G2 ) and the 5.0 Lollipop upgrade didn't like that.  Possibly because there are formatting typos etc. in the contact info or something and it couldn't process it right or?  I ended up losing all of my contacts from the phone, but I do have them backed up.  At least it was fixed without having to do a factory reset and starting over from scratch.