Upgraded from iPhone4 to iPhone6 - now have to dial to get voicemail?
RogerTBannon
Enthusiast - Level 1

On my Verizion iPhone 4, I was able to listen to voicemails on the phone.  Going to voicemail screen showed a list of my voicemails, each with a play button and slider.  Recently upgraded to iPhone 6 and now to get voicemail I go to the voicemail screen and it dials out to *86 and I have to listen over the phone like it's 1995 or something.  Did I miss a step during setup?  How do I get back that voicemail experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded from iPhone4 to iPhone6 - now have to dial to get voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RogerTBannon,

That would be a big change! No need to worry though, the iPhone 6 absolutely still has visual voice mail. Let's get this back to working the right way. Can you try http://vz.to/14IQuat? After doing so, before going into voicemail, have someone try to call and leave you a new voicemail message. Once that is done, then try going to the voicemail on your phone and see if it works right.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RogerTBannon,

That would be a big change! No need to worry though, the iPhone 6 absolutely still has visual voice mail. Let's get this back to working the right way. Can you try http://vz.to/14IQuat? After doing so, before going into voicemail, have someone try to call and leave you a new voicemail message. Once that is done, then try going to the voicemail on your phone and see if it works right.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
RogerTBannon
Enthusiast - Level 1

That did the trick - thank you!

0 Likes