can't access voicemail keep receiving message stating you have reached an invalid number announcement 14 switch 170-2
fedpol2

Can't access my voicemail. Of course awesome VZW customer service is less than helpful as usual and unavailable now. Message states you have reached a non working number announcement 14 switch 170-2.

Could someone please help me since VZW is too busy counting our money to answer the phone or messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can't access voicemail keep receiving message stating you have reached an invalid number announcement 14 switch 170-2
Kuriboshoe

I have the same problem, can you help Verizon Wireless Customer Support?

0 Likes
Re: can't access voicemail keep receiving message stating you have reached an invalid number announcement 14 switch 170-2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Kuriboshoe

I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble accessing your voicemail.  We understand that it is important to get this up and working. What make and model phone do you have? How are you trying to access the voicemail? When was that last time you were able to access your voicemail. Please share the details.

TionnaB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kuriboshoe

Thanks for responding. I have the Moto X. When I receive a new voicemail, a

notification comes up on my phone with the voicemail icon. "New voicemail

(1) Dial *86." When I click on this notification it dials "Voicemail." When

it stops ringing, I hear a message saying it is a non-working number.

I CAN access my voicemail by dialing my own phone number and hearing my

voicemail greeting and pressing #.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Kuriboshoe wrote:

Thanks for responding. I have the Moto X. When I receive a new voicemail, a

notification comes up on my phone with the voicemail icon. "New voicemail

(1) Dial *86." When I click on this notification it dials "Voicemail." When

it stops ringing, I hear a message saying it is a non-working number.

I CAN access my voicemail by dialing my own phone number and hearing my

voicemail greeting and pressing #.

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

Are you in an extended network area?  Out of your "home area"?  In these cases, the shortcut *86 does not work, and you must dial your own ph # to get to your voicemail.  It seems like that is the case since you can get to voicemail, but the shortcut is not working.

0 Likes
Kuriboshoe

No, this is everywhere, all the time. Thanks for the suggestion though!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kuriboshoe, thanks for the additional details.  How long has this been occurring for? Has anything new been added to your device recently? Have you attempted to restart and remove/reinsert your SIM card?

TrevorC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kuriboshoe

This has been happening for quite awhile, months. I did try taking out and

reinserting the SIM card, but that did not do anything.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

To the folks who keep telling you to remove and reinstall the sim card, please learn how your system works and review your troubleshooting techniques.  If the sim card were the problem, Kuriboshoe wouldn't be able to call anyone let alone the voicemail system.

Kuriboshoe, since you never mentioned any problems other than voicemail I suggest checking to make sure call forwarding wasn't accidentally activated.  There's a finite number of things that happen on incoming calls and your attempts to access voicemail count as incoming calls, not outgoing ones.  What's happening is that when you dial *86, instead of FORWARDING you to your voicemail box you're being forwarded to an invalid number, probably some random digits in the forwarding system.

Call *73, the code for deactivating call forwarding.  After the confirmation, hang up and try to access your voicemail.

If that doesn't work, the access number in the Verizon system is probably messed up.  Call VZW's tech support and have someone check how your voicemail is set up in their computer system.

0 Likes