Cellular data limit exceeded notification
Rigotamus

In the last 24 hours, I started getting a persistent notification on the top of the screen (white triangle with exclamation mark) advising that my Cellular data limit has been exceeded. After spending 2 hours on the phone with tech support, they have no answer, idea, or suggestion. It is NOT due to the Data Usage settings. If I lower the Notify me of Data Usage to below my current data usage, I get both the triangle and a different boxy notification. If I set the Notify setting to above my current usage or turn it off completely, the notification triangle remains. Heck, if I turn off Mobile Data, the triangle stays. I've checked data settings in myVerizon and I'm not even close to hitting 50%. I don't subscribe to Familybase, so there's no way that can be the issue. I'm tired of being warned of something that isn't accurate, wanted or needed. Assistance would be appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cellular data limit exceeded notification
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like some 3rd party data app that monitors usage like My Data Manager and Onavo, or an anti-virus app .

0 Likes
Rigotamus

It is definitely not a third party app. It popped up over the weekend and after my data plan changed from 2gb to 6gb. No apps were installed between it working properly (no notification) and it not working properly (persistent notification that when tapped takes you to data usage).

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Screenshot?

0 Likes
Rigotamus

It's the triangle, fourth from the left.
O8hMX.png

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

On my G2, that triangle with ! means something isn't syncing with Google Account, or some app is restricted on mobile data or that my limits in Data Usage/Mobile Data in settings are set too low.

0 Likes
Rigotamus

That used to be true for me as well under KitKat. Under Lollipop, if I set data limits below my current usage I get a different squarish icon (and currently I still get the triangle).

0 Likes
RonW29

I am having the same issue.  I'm on Lollipop.  Haven't had phone for much more than a month, so can't confirm if doing it before.  Just turned over cycle on 3rd of April.  Have tried all the suggested ideas of turning off notifications, alert me about data usage, reset cycle, etc.  This is clearly an Android System issue (hold down on the notification & it shows Android System).  Please fix it!!

0 Likes
MicScoTho

I have the same issue as well on an HTC One M8 with Android 5.0.1. I called HTC support and all they could suggest was a factory reset. 😞

0 Likes
MicScoTho
0 Likes