I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
gabby92001

So today i was trying to delete a conversation that contained many old text messages, i've tried everything and nothing seems to work.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
Snn5
Legend

Yes, the time it takes to delete many threads cn be over an hour.  I delete the shortest threads first.  Than, I limit the messages to x# before they auto delete.  I use SMS Backup to keep what I need.  Delete the rest.  The phone will freeze up while you are deleting messages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I've been trying to delete old text messages and it won't delete them, ive tried it from clearing the data and the cache and they wont delete, any suggestions ? thank you.
mama23dogs
Legend

Which phone do you have?   

LG G2. 

Open messaging app.

TAp menu button.

select delete threads

OR

select a particular thread, and tap menu button, then select delete messages.

Snn5
Legend

Yes, the time it takes to delete many threads cn be over an hour.  I delete the shortest threads first.  Than, I limit the messages to x# before they auto delete.  I use SMS Backup to keep what I need.  Delete the rest.  The phone will freeze up while you are deleting messages.

0 Likes
werty990
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you make sure the messages arent locked? if they are locked the phone wont delete them. Check to see if there is a little picture of a lock on the messages, if so thats your problem and you just need to click on them and unlock them before they can be deleted.