iPhone 6 promo (recycle iPhone 4) class action?
amahow

I see I'm not the only one that is having an issue w/ Verizon not honoring their end of the contract i.e. if you buy their new iPhone 6 you get your money back by recycling your iPhone 4 ($200.00).

My sales rep gave me the packaging, label and instructions.  I sent my phone back.  After several weeks, I checked the status on-line and is said 'not received' but according to the label tracking it was delivered.  When I reached out they said I sent it to the wrong address.  What the heck???  That was where their representative had me send it.  It has now been 5 months and I still have nothing.  Had  known this, I never would have went w/ the iPhone 6.

Has there been any discussion about filing a suit against Verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 promo (recycle iPhone 4) class action?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well first of all its not a guaranteed 200. It's "up to 200" and you have to spend the gift card at Verizon wireless nowhere else. Secondly, you nor anyone else can do class action against verizon or anyone else . You can do small claims, file with the BBB, but not class action.

mama23dogs
Legend

Delivered where?   I believe the tracking indicates where.

once that can be determined, the rest may sort out for you.  It may also be determined the phone is worth less than $200  

0 Likes
amahow

Thanks for the input.  It was delivered to the address on the label my Verizon rep provided and I used the packaging that she also provided.  When I inquired about why it was showing as 'not received' I was told that it went to the wrong Verizon address but that I should get my GC w/in 6 -  8 weeks.  It has now been 9 weeks.

The Verizon rep evaluated the phones (no cracks, working,etc) and we followed the steps noted in the instructions prior to sending out.  There is no reason not to receive the full amount.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

First and to the best of my knowledge, no rep can say that the phone will pass and that you will be guaranteed the full promotional value. Why? If you broke it before sending or if it incurred damage in the shipping inside the bubble envelope then that's it. Second, if you failed to turn off Find My iPhone before sending you will get less than full value.

Tis is why I always recommend that you have the store process the transaction and issue the GC. Why? Because if the rep processes it incorrectly it comes back on them and not you.