Verizons best kept secret
hbembry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased a new iPhone 6 plus when it first came out was on a waiting list to get one. after I received the phone in less than 2 weeks the phone died.

T took the phone back to the Verizon store and they told me they would replace the phone but I had to wait until the manufacturer sends me a new device. In a week a new phone arrived (or I thought it was new). Recently I dropped my phone and cracked the glass so I took it to Verizon for repairs they told me that it would be cheaper for me to just go to apple and have the glass replaced. They provided me with the information and I was given an appointment four days later. One at the apple store the techinicians examined my phone and stated that it wasn't an apple product but a remanufactured phone from another company. They stated that they would not repair my phone because it didn't contain original apple parts. Also I was told Apple does not honor Verizon refurbished phones.

Needless to say I am furious that Verizon didn't replace my original product with a new phone. After further investigation Verizon admits giving me a refurbished product because at the time there was a six week waiting list on iPhone 6 plus phones and they didn't think I wanted to wait that long.

Now understand I was not made  aware of any of this nor did I know what they were doing. Verizon took it upon themselves to do this. So my phone was switched to a non original apple product. And Apple does not support remanufactured phones from Verizon. Originally Verizon told me that apple was wrong but after some time waiting on line they returned and verified that its correct that apple will not support remanufactured phones from Verizon.

Of course this information was never told to the customer.

Now the only solution Verizon has offered me was to go find another place to repair my phone or file a claim and get another remanufactured phone.    

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizons best kept secret
hbembry
Enthusiast - Level 1

addendum: I forgot to mention that Verizon phone support and store manager were unsupportive and totally unhelpful. Since this event started I was sent on wild goose chases that resulted in nothing more that me being totally inconvenienced and wasting my valuable time by spending hours in a store and on the phone that resulted 'a negative gain. I am totally appalled by the poor customer service that I've received so far from this company. To think that they can switch phones and still charge me full price for a product that's not OEM is Ludacris.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

So you were charged for the replacement??? Full price, no less. That is weird. Whenever I have had a warranty replacement(only once), I have not been charged.

Warranty replacements are not really a secret. Any replacement made after the 14 day return period will be made with a refurbished device. This is per the manufacturers warranty which Verizon is simply facilitating for you. If you made the exchange at an Apple store, it is possible you would have received a new device, but it is not certain you would.

From Apple's warranty:

If during the Warranty Period you submit a valid claim to Apple or an AASP, Apple will, at its option, repair the Apple Product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, (ii) replace the Apple Product with a device that is at least functionally equivalent to the Apple Product and is formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability, or (iii) exchange the Apple Product for a refund of your purchase price.

mama23dogs
Legend

Yes.  In short, if your iPhone has a problem, take it to Apple, NOT your carrier.

On the flip side.  The Verizon authorized replacement can still be used to early Edge.  Have the screen replaced and sell it on Swappa or ebay.

0 Likes
hbembry
Enthusiast - Level 1

My device failed after 1 week, so your comment doesn't apply, Also Verizon gave me a replacement remanufactured phone after mine failed in 1 week of use. Stating they spared me a waiting time of six weeks for a new device. I wasn't given the option at all. Where in the fine print does it say apple doesn't support remanufactured Verizon iphones

0 Likes