Why was mobile e-mail retired?
my_verizon_customer_8

I have no idea what type of response to expect here.  It is pretty clear that Verizon has no regard for my needs as a 13+ year loyal customer.  My loyalty has remained because Verizon provides the services that I want and need at a fair price.  However with the retirement of the mobile e-mail app on my basic phone I no longer have the service that I have come to expect.  Mobile e-mail was presented as a feature when I signed a contract, and I pay an extra data fee each month to access the e-mail.  The application provided a good experience of e-mail and worked the way I expected an e-mail service to work.  I pay a web host for a private e-mail account - I do not use a common "cloud" provider like hotmail or Gmail.  These services use your private data for their own commercial purposes and I do not support them.  I do not wish to have a smart phone.  I have no desire to have the internet on 24/7 or everywhere I go.  I do have an ipad on wifi and every time I type something it pauses to look it up on the cloud to "enhance" my experience.  I assume the iphone does the same thing and I do not want it monitoring my every move.  Smart phones are too smart for me.  I simply want a device to send and receive e-mails the same way they have always been sent - from my device to my server.  Verizon's workaround of using the web browser is unacceptable to me.  Even if I save a shortcut, I still have to approve two dialog (opera https workaround and server certificate error), and then log in.  After I do that, the web e-mail client does not render on my phone.  Besides, it is stupid do download the entire UI onto the browser every time.  With the old application only the e-mail data was sent back and forth, then shown on the application.  Responses were quick and easy, like using a text message.  How would you like it if you had to open a web browser and login just to receive and respond to a text message?  That is what I am facing.

If Verizon wants me to upgrade to a "More Everything" plan there are more legitimate ways to get me to change than retiring the most basic service on my phone.  The text message and phone calls I received were needless pandering to my "needs".  No real solutions were offered and I do not feel my concerns were taken into consideration.  I am extremely disappointed and will be seeking an alternative service provider.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why was mobile e-mail retired?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
FormerAltel

We are always here for you! I understand how important it is that you're always able to stay connected through email and the convenience of being able to receive it to your basic phone. I do apologize this has been discontinued, but great new! There is alternative method to still receive email on your basic device. Check this out http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/mobile-email-app-discontinued/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
FormerAltel
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my opinion elimination the e-mail app is another example of Vzn tactics to pressure customers to purchase new phone and services by making use of older phone more cumbersome or obsolete.

FormerAltel
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition, all users of that app should call Vzn and complain and request return of the app and tell the rep to forward the message to her/his supervisor, regardless of whether the rep says Vzn will not be returning the app. Let's create a mass customer action. Also send message out on Twitter and Facebook.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So are you absolutely positive that the other providers have this application? Mobile email is archaic. They gave you an alternative to check your mail. Your response to that, IMO, was unacceptable. This is 2015 not 2005. Either change with the world, Or stop complaining.

0 Likes
FormerAltel
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone and the service I purchased is still under contract and believe that the phone services I purchased should at least last as long as the two-year contract. If you haven't been using the app and type of phone you wouldn't know how much more cumbersome it is now using the alternative Verizon provided to get e-mail compared to the previous ease with the app.

By-the-way, changes occurring in the world are not always for the better.  I have the right to complain and encourage others to take action. Just as you also had the right to post an unkind expression of an uninformed, unhelpful comment (one of the "change with the world" rights so many use today to post, without any empathy, unhelpful or even rude or bullying messages).

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The phone is the contract. Price plan and features are not. It is what it is. And I'm not gonna be like oh I'm so sorry this and that.....no. You're given options. If you don't like them, simply move to a carrier that "may". Nuff said. I've done that before and I'm sure countless others have as well.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
FormerAltel

We are always here for you! I understand how important it is that you're always able to stay connected through email and the convenience of being able to receive it to your basic phone. I do apologize this has been discontinued, but great new! There is alternative method to still receive email on your basic device. Check this out http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/mobile-email-app-discontinued/ .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes