Cannot disable Passcode on my iPhone 6 Plus or iTunes
kaj88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a new iPhone 6 Plus.  My old iPhone 5 had an Exchange Corporate Account. Because of that account, I was forced to have a Passcode. When I got the new iPhone, I setup Touch ID and a simple Passcode, and I did not put the corporate account on it.  When I synced my iPhone 6 Plus to iTunes, it did not sync the Exchange Corporate Account, but it forced my company's Passcode security, and now I cannot disable the Passcode.  I also cannot use a simple Passcode, that option is disabled as well.   Because I don't have an Exchange account on my iPhone 6 Plus, my company won't help me.  My only option is to Reset my phone, but then I lose everything.  I can't sync it with iTunes, because it will setup my company's security.  How can I disable this security in iTunes?

I would really appreciate some help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot disable Passcode on my iPhone 6 Plus or iTunes
kaj88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exchange account isn't there.  But I figured-out my problem.  The Office 365 app synced from iTunes to my iPhone 6Plus. My O365 Account is a work account, and that is what was preventing me from removing my passcode or setting-up a simple passcode.  I removed all Office Apps and I am good.  I really appreciate that you took the time to help me.  Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Touch ID requires passcode.  If you don't want passcode, turn off Touch ID. However, Touch ID works great, so unles I restart the phone, I never need to enter code, just touch home button. 

0 Likes
kaj88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that touch ID requires a passcode, so I disabled touch.  And it still will not disable the passcode. What I really want to do is setup a Simple Passcode, but that option is also disabled.  Thanks for your reply.  If you have any other suggestions or thoughts, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I see I misunderstood. 

Can you go to Settings>General>Profile and remove the certificate or profile?

0 Likes
kaj88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exchange account isn't there.  But I figured-out my problem.  The Office 365 app synced from iTunes to my iPhone 6Plus. My O365 Account is a work account, and that is what was preventing me from removing my passcode or setting-up a simple passcode.  I removed all Office Apps and I am good.  I really appreciate that you took the time to help me.  Thank you so much!

0 Likes