mic not working with DAI cord
DeafDucky

An unusual situation....  When I use my DAI (Direct Audio Input) cord with the Galaxy s5 I can hear the other person fine but they apparently can't hear me.  However when I remove the DAI cord and use my tcoil on my hearing aid- it is fine on both ends.  I would rather use the DAI cord.  The guy at the Verizon store claims there's a short in my cord but I don't believe him on that. Any ideas?

Note- The DAI cord is sort of like a headphone/ear buds but it plugs directly into my hearing aids.  It works great for the Music player (use it all the time lol).

I was trying to find a way to self test the mic without bothering someone else to listen to see if they can hear... though I might have to....

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: mic not working with DAI cord
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn that your DAI accessory is not working properly DeafDucky! I know this is important to you! You indicate that using other device with your phone resolves the issue, this is indicative that your DAI cord may be at fault. I recommend testing other DAI and see if issue continues.   AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: mic not working with DAI cord
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn that your DAI accessory is not working properly DeafDucky! I know this is important to you! You indicate that using other device with your phone resolves the issue, this is indicative that your DAI cord may be at fault. I recommend testing other DAI and see if issue continues.   AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes