Add a repeater?
Spaguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

How would one go about requesting a repeater or antenna be added to an independent tower?.  I live in a remote area,  and until lately,  the only way to get cell service was with a Wilson repeater on Verizon service.  But,  about a year ago,  a private contractor installed a tower,  and AT&T put a repeater on it.  We generally prefer Verizon here,  but many neighbors are switching because of better signal quality.  Also,  rumour has it that T-mobile may have put an antenna in it.  What would it take to get Verizon to upgrade where others already decided there is a need and Verizon is losing customers? With the tower already there,  it seems a no brainer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Add a repeater?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That definitely sounds like a no brainer Spaguy! The only form we have to explore cellular tower options can be found right here -> www.vzw.com/realestate . It might be just what you need!   SarahO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
That definitely sounds like a no brainer Spaguy! The only form we have to explore cellular tower options can be found right here -> www.vzw.com/realestate . It might be just what you need!   SarahO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
mama23dogs
Legend

IT is unlikely to happen soon enough to avoid frustration.  It makes more sense to switch.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Or if you like Verizon everywhere else and suffer from lower service at home you can get your own repeater. VZW has a network extender that will hook up to your home broadband and create a cell tower in your home.

0 Likes
Spaguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I already use the Wilson repeaters, which far out perform anything the carriers offer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you're all set

0 Likes