Galaxy s5 Bluetooth Media Audio Issue
Lipp2112

I bought a Galaxy s5 in October of last year. The device was easily paired with my vehicle, a 2011 Infiniti G37, such that both the phone and media audio would play through the car Bluetooth connection. I just got a warrantee replacement Galaxy s5, as my original stopped vibrating. Now when I pair to my car, I can only get phone audio to work and not the media audio.

I have deleted the phone from my car system and unlinked multiple times, but when I re-link and go into Bluetooth settings on my phone, only the phone box will stay checked. When I check the media box, it stays checked for about one second and then un-checks itself and goes gray.

This is NOT a vehicle issue, as my previous Galaxy s5, running the same version of Lollipop, was paired and working fine the SAME DAY I set up the replacement. I do not appear to be the only one that has experienced this judging from the online search results, but I have not come across a solution.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s5 Bluetooth Media Audio Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for testing that step out, Lipp2112, and for testing with a different bluetooth device. I'm leaning towards it being the device as well. Just to confirm, your G37 also has the latest Bluetooth/audio system update available by the manufacturer as well, correct? While it may work with a different item with no issues, an older Bluetooth stack on the connecting device can still cause issues.

I have sent you a private message, so I can reach out to you and assist with a replacement to see if that clears the issue as well. I look forward to working with you.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lipp2112, sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your S5 and the Bluetooth stack for music audio. That's definitely odd that it was working well with one device, and not the other. Let's start with a few basics first. Since the new phone is updated with Lollipop, lets make sure its cache partition is wiped. Please use this link:   http://vz.to/1uorSMg -- When you are on Step 4, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone. Once it powers back on, please test your bluetooth connection. I recommend starting fresh and forgetting the connection on both the phone, and your G37 too. Keep us posted.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Lipp2112

I completed the potential solution but it did not correct the issue. In addition, I have :

1. Verified the OS is up to date

2. Cleared the cache and data in the Bluetooth share application

3. Successfully connected media to another Bluetooth device (wireless speaker)

Again, my previous Galaxy s5 had no issues connecting both the phone audio and media audio. It was connected and working the same day the warrantee replacement phone came, but the replacement will only connect phone.

Please provide next steps as this is extremely frustrating. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for testing that step out, Lipp2112, and for testing with a different bluetooth device. I'm leaning towards it being the device as well. Just to confirm, your G37 also has the latest Bluetooth/audio system update available by the manufacturer as well, correct? While it may work with a different item with no issues, an older Bluetooth stack on the connecting device can still cause issues.

I have sent you a private message, so I can reach out to you and assist with a replacement to see if that clears the issue as well. I look forward to working with you.

NicandroN_VZW
0 Likes
Lipp2112

My number is (removed). Please reach out to discuss the replacement. Thanks.

>> Personal information removed by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You have to reach out to them in the exact manner they are requesting. Hopefully they'll contact you back.

0 Likes