Verizon Roadside Assistance Is Not Worth the Money
DavidMarkland
Enthusiast - Level 1

Shortly before 6pm last night, my car stalled out on a busy street in the middle of Los Angeles. I called roadside assistance, which I have paid for for years. The horrible service started immediately.

1. The operator picked up quick enough, and seemed alarmed when I told her I had stalled in the middle of traffic. I gave her my location, both address and cross streets, immediately. However, ten minutes into the call, she still hadn't ordered the tow. Instead she asked more and more info about my account - only when I asked the status of the tow did she put me on hold to order it. (silly me, I thought that she has processed this while we were talking).

2. When she got back on the line, she told me a tow would take 90 minutes. In the middle of Los Angeles. When I said this was unreasonable, she placed me on hold, and came back to say she may be able to have one to me in 30-45 minutes.

3. Still another 90 minutes later, I get a call that the tow truck arrived and couldn't find me -- it was sent to the wrong address. The VZ rep, when informed of this, acknowledged it was their error.

Alas, the tow driver told me his garage was just a couple blocks away, which explains why they called this garage... but not why, when hearing of a 90 minute delay, Verizon didn't find an alternative. Like AAA would do.

I have cancelled Roadside Assistance, and signed up for AAA like I should have done years ago.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon Roadside Assistance Is Not Worth the Money
Loquat
Master - Level 1

AAA is an inexpensive way to go...

Re: Verizon Roadside Assistance Is Not Worth the Money
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So what's your point?

0 Likes