have been a Verizon customer since I got my first cell phone in my 30's - I am 50 now! A year ago, I stupidly opted to get a new phone on the EDGE program because I was trying my first Samsung device and was not sure I would like it having been an IPhone
bjelmer

have been a Verizon customer since I got my first cell phone in my 30's - I am 50 now! A year ago, I stupidly opted to get a new phone on the EDGE program because I was trying my first Samsung device and was not sure I would like it having been an IPhone user for years.I was right! Or so I thought.... The Note 3 has been horrible. I am on my second phone(replaced it under warranty) and it still freezes, shuts off on its own, and will not come back on for long periods of time. Having had enough, I decided to EDGE Up to another device. On March 16th I tried to edge up my device online but was unable to. I immediately called to figure out what the problem was. Back in October I had a mix up in my billing where I had set up a payment. It was not done properly by customer service and as a result my line was cut off. I called the EXACT day it went off, filed a complaint about the lack of follow through for my arranged payment, and thought I had it straightened out as the payment was made that same day. That incident, although it was a Verizon error, caused my Edge Contract to be "hotlined". I spent an hour on the phone on March 16th clearing the whole mess up. When the conversation ended, the Verizon representative admitted it was a Verizon error, documented everything, and then told me she was filing a release for the hotline hold that would take a couple of days. Her name was Linda and I stupidly trusted what she said.

The days passed as I prepared to have a major foot surgery and to get my classroom straight before I would be out recovering for 3 weeks. All the time, my Samsung continued to glitch out like it has since I got it! While sitting on the couch recovering, I decided to deal with the phone issue again and EDGE UP. I figured 10 days latter, Linda would have taken care of the issue. Unfortunately, I faced the same problem and was told it was not eligible to edge up at this time. BACK on the phone again, 2 supervisors, 3 customer service reps. ( JOE from New York being the rudest customer service rep. I have EVER worked with) and 4 frustrating HOURS latter, Jason, the equally rude supervisor from Rochester, New York, informed me that Linda gave me BAD information, there was NOTHING he could do, and I am NOT eligible until April 14th!!!!! The WORST experience I have EVER had with a company. They were completely inept, rude, and not concerned about my time, my frustration, or the problems I was facing with their product in the LEAST. I have 4 LINES on Verizon that I am going to talk to Sprint about buying out. It was a horrible experience, and I can NOT believe I have no recourse or anyone to talk to....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: have been a Verizon customer since I got my first cell phone in my 30's - I am 50 now! A year ago, I stupidly opted to get a new phone on the EDGE program because I was trying my first Samsung device and was not sure I would like it having been an IPh
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes you dont. Next time be more responsible. Good luck at sprint.

0 Likes
Re: have been a Verizon customer since I got my first cell phone in my 30's - I am 50 now! A year ago, I stupidly opted to get a new phone on the EDGE program because I was trying my first Samsung device and was not sure I would like it having been an IPh
rcschnoor
Legend

Edge has very clear restrictions, one being that you must have 6 months of clean payment history which you don't. Either wait until April 14, or good luck at Sprint.

I am unsure how it can be determined the payment mix up was the fault of CS, but regardless, the mix up was done. There can be any number of reasons why a payment could be missed without any fault on your part, however you are still the responsible party for the account and must live with the repercussions.